Who Are We?
TeraThink has celebrated over 15 years of successful delivery of innovative and transformative consulting services to the federal government. We specialize in information technology and management consulting that has a purpose and makes a difference. Our teams are focused on providing exceptional service and solving our clients’ toughest challenges.
Our leadership team has a vast amount of experience and boasts a highly successful track record of delivering results within their respective solution areas and industries. Each leader adheres to a “lead by the way you want to be led” philosophy, which emphasizes transparency and open-door approachability.
Who Are We Looking For?
At TeraThink, we put our employees first and we expect nothing but your best in return. Our company believes in the importance of growth, passion, character, and of course - fun! Our positive work environment encourages team members to find enjoyable and challenging work in order to bring out the best in each individual. We look for dedicated team members who want to be a part of growing this incredible company. The best candidates are those who always look to go above and beyond and challenge themselves to achieve more each day.
Sound Like You?
Do you want to excel in your career and enjoy what you do? Then come join our growing team of brilliant professionals at TeraThink.
What You’ll Do
TeraThink’s Performance Management team primarily utilizes Tableau 10.1 desktop and server (a COTS Business Intelligence (BI) tool). The Data Analytics Consultant will act as the liaison between the performance management team and dashboard clients from a specific department to help them implement metrics. The analyst must have strong analytical skills and knowledge of best practices related to metric development. Responsibilities will include gathering requirements, uploading data and creating visualizations/metrics in Tableau, demonstrating new capabilities, and promoting the EPMS Dashboard as the tool for conducting performance management at our client.
- Contribute to use of performance management frameworks and methodologies
- Define KPIs, metrics and collect data
- Implement metrics in Tableau
- Prepare data for upload into SQL databases
- Perform data analysis
- Interact daily with clients and project management
- Eliciting and analyzing data requirements based off of client feedback and developing detail documentation
- Ability to interpret data (raw data), data definition, analyze the results using statistical techniques in order to design data visualizations and reporting with detail and accuracy
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends/patterns with complex data sets
- Provide translation between the data analyst and technical team members and requirements
- Ability to solicit business requirements in order to determine what kind of data analysis should be conducted
- Acquire data from data sources and maintain database (if more technical role)
- Facilitate meetings and display strong presentation skills
- Support weekly status reporting
What We’re Looking For
- Per client requirements, must be a U.S. citizen, hold an interim DoD Secret (or higher) security clearance
- Local candidates only
- Candidate will have a Bachelor's degree, or higher, in a related field
- The ideal candidate must have some experience in a functional (or business analyst) role, including defining metrics and collecting data.
- The candidate will have some data analysis skills, requirement gathering skills, presentation skills and facilitation skills.
- Experience with Tableau (or similar COTS BI tools) is a plus. This includes using BI/dashboard tools for data analysis; implementing a BI/dashboard tool; advising on strategies for BI/dashboard tools; and defining performance management best practices.
- Experience in gathering functional requirements
- Experience defining key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics
- Experience benchmarking complex government processes and or metrics
- Experience in data analysis skills utilizing MS Excel (including pivot tables and formulas)
- Facilitation skills with both large and small groups
- Strong data visualization skills
- Presentation skills utilizing MS PowerPoint
What We'd Like to See
- Knowledge and experience using Tableau or similar Business Intelligence tools
- Knowledge of SQL and stored procedures
- Knowledge of and skill with performance management frameworks and methodologies (Balanced Scorecard, Baldridge etc.)
Why TeraThink is a Great Place to Work
We love coming to work every day. Our benefits and work-life balance provide employees with much more than just the essentials – they keep us happy in and outside of work.
A health insurance plan is provided at no cost for employees.
Employees enjoy federal holidays off in addition to 18 days of Paid Time Off (20 days after 2 years of service, 25 days after 5 years of service).
Our 401k is at a 4% match on a 5% contribution – which has immediate vesting because we want you to stay here because you love it – not for an invested 401k match. And we know you will love it!
Visit the Benefits page for a full list of benefits offered by TeraThink.
In addition to a top-notch benefits package, we host outings at The National Zoo, “Escape Room,” Top Golf, and holiday parties with swanky themes such as Casino Night. Our employees are also provided the opportunity to enjoy numerous perks such as:
Multiple high-definition TVs at our offices with plentiful snacks to enjoy in the café areas
Breakaway activities such as foosball, darts, and shuffle board
TeraThink sponsored FitBit and steps challenges, with prizes
Quarterly shipments of snack boxes to our employees working on client site
Season tickets to local sports teams
Cell phone and commuter reimbursements
We also embrace recognition as a way to showcase the great work that takes place at our company each day. As a way of shining light on our hard-working employees, we often provide gift cards for achieving major project milestones, attaining personal certifications, or as a thank you for employees who give back to the community.
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
We focus on encouraging constant learning, growth and innovation, and support Communities of Practice so that team members can dedicate time to learning new tools or solutions as while as getting to know employees on other projects. We provide each employee with an annual contribution amount to use towards learning and growth. We also encourage our team to participate in our TeraThink blog and share our knowledge with various communities of learning.
We strive to provide our employees, whether on client site or in our internal offices, with the best possible work experience. We keep a pulse on our team by sending out frequent micro-surveys that allow team members to provide feedback and thoughts. This frequent feedback allows our agile company to make changes and continue to adjust in any areas to provide team members with the best TeraThink.
Whether it is our events, benefits and perks, open communication, culture of recognition and growth; we want team members to be happy and fulfilled in their careers at TeraThink. Our future is you.
TeraThink is a proud equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, ancestry, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.