As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2023)
Day to Day
The Data Engineer’s role at Indeed is to integrate data from a variety of internal and external sources into a common warehouse data model, in order to support data and analytics activities across Indeed’s global business functions. This is a technical role that involves defining changes to the warehouse data model, and building scalable and efficient processes to populate or modify warehouse data. You will have hands on data processing and data modeling experience in a “big data” environment, with experience in data modeling, test automation, and building efficient data pipelines.This work directly contributes to our mission of helping people get jobs, by providing insight into the global job market, and supporting product innovation that makes it easier for job seekers and employers to find each other.
- Designing and implementing efficient data pipelines (ETLs) in order to integrate data from a variety of sources into Indeed’s Data Warehouse
- Designing and implementing data model changes that align with warehouse standards
- Providing documentation, training, and consulting for data warehouse users
- 5+ years in a Data Engineering or Data Warehousing role
- 5+ years creating data pipelines using cloud based ETL tools, like AWS Glue (AWS preferred)
- 3+ years hands on experience with big data technologies (Snowflake, Redshift, Hive, Kafka, spark or similar technologies)
- Extensive experience working on relational NoSQL and SQL databases
- Expertise in workflow management and pipeline tools such as Airflow
- 5+ years coding experience (Java or Python preferred)
- Master’s Degree (or a B.S. degree with relevant industry experience) in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field
Salary Range Transparency
US Remote 114000 - 166000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position in the given work location. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), a Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Benefits - Health, Work/Life Harmony, & Wellbeing
We care about what you care about. We have a multitude of benefits to support Indeedians, as well as their pets, kids, and partners. Select your country and learn more about our employee benefits, program, & perks at https://benefits.indeed.jobs!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Accommodations at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at [email protected]. If you are requesting accommodation for an interview, please reach out at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Reference ID: 43411
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $114,000.00 - $166,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- How did you hear about this Role?
- Are you a current or former Indeedian?
- Data Engineering/Warehousing: 5 years (Required)
- SQL: 3 years (Required)
- Snowflake, Hive, Kafka: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote