About The Company
Tight Line Composites is a new specialty composites manufacturing company created to provide critical structural components for the advancement of the global wind energy sector. Our modern and efficient manufacturing process combined with strategic market relationships and best-in-class engineers has positioned Tight Line Composites as the supplier of choice for pultruded carbon fiber components.
Tight Line Composites is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
What We Are Looking For
Motivated, hard-working, and dedicated individuals to join our team as Production Operators in our production facility located in Hazelwood, MO.
- Follow and comply with all safety, work, and employment policies and procedures
- Set-up, start-up, and operate pultrusion machines
- Keep the pultrusion machines stocked with raw materials – carbon fiber tow, peel ply, and resin
- Monitor the flow of raw materials going into the product to assure continuous production
- Operate the control panels on the pultrusion machines
- Inspect quality during the product run – physical measurements and visual inspections
- Clean production tooling and equipment
- Package, label, and document information on finished products
- Ability to follow and comply with all safety, work, and employment policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
- Must be able to wear all required personal protective gear
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time; up to 8 hours
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds overhead
- Must be able to lift, turn, bend, reach, pull, and walk
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience of 1 year or more in a manufacturing or factory environment
- Experience in the chemicals/plastics industry is a plus
- New production facility
- Long sleeves, pants, additional mandatory PPE when working with resin and solvents
- Handling of carbon fiber may cause moderate to severe itchiness
- Some occasional tasks may require the use of a respirator – in these instances, no facial hair will be allowed
- Compensation: starting rate for this role is $16 to $17 per hour with the opportunity for performance-based increases
- Benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off, employee discounts, others.
- Work Schedule: 8-hour shifts; 1st shift is 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, 2nd shift is 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM, 3rd shift is 11:00 PM – 7:30 AM. All shifts include a 30 minute paid lunch.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules