Looking for excitement . . . wanting to be part of something bigger than yourself and help keep fellow Americans safe, then consider joining a winning team of intelligence professionals being assembled by CACI, Inc. to address the most complex national security challenges confronting the United States today. So if you are a self-starter, intellectually curious and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and thrive in a fast-pace and dynamic workplace; we have the perfect job for you. We have a Senior Technical Editor to support DIA’s Defense Combating Terrorism Center (DCTC) mission. You can make a difference; join our team.
The position will primarily be based in Reston, VA, but could also include work at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington DC and other facilities in the NCR to include the Pentagon and McLean VA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Desired Skill sets:
- Reviews intelligence products for proper grammar, punctuation, and syntax, as well as for logic, clarity, and consistency
- Ensures that style and format conform to agency publication standards and that language presentation is consistent with prescribed style guides and specialized vocabulary of subject matter fields
- Amends draft tables, tone boxes, and graphics to ensure the content supports and is consistent with the accompanying text.
- Ensures proper classification markings in accordance with IC guidance
- Works with authors to revise products for narrative organization, and negotiates further revisions as needed
- Edit technical materials, such as reports of analytic or research findings; scientific or technical articles, news releases, and periodicals; regulations in technical areas; technical manuals, specifications, brochures, and pamphlets; or speeches or scripts on scientific or technical subjects
- Apply writing and editing skills and substantial knowledge of the basic principles and specialized vocabulary of appropriate subject-matter fields to the accurate communication of scientific and technological developments to expert and other interested audiences
- 12 years of relevant experience with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years
- Master's degree in a related area; or Bachelor's degree in a related area and 17 years senior experience, in lieu of the Master's degree
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.