Under general supervision, this position coordinates, performs, monitors and evaluates the daily duties and smooth operation of the accounting department including; reconciling accounts, accounts payable, accounts receivables, payroll reporting, general ledger functions & more.
We are seeking an energetic motivated individual that is a team player.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years experience in all facets of accounting department: Payables, Receivables, General Ledgers and overall knowledge of accounting systems.
Experience in the Ag Industry is a plus.
Accounting/ Administrative assistant responsibilities include establishing financial status by maintaining and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information. Other duties include, but not limited to:
- Manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & General Ledger duties, including large volume of Vendor Invoices (A/P)
- Prepare Grower Statements and process payments
- Process monthly operating expenses
- Prepare and post month end journal entries
- Prepare various quarterly and year-end reports for accountant
- Supports with preparation and review of financial reports, analysis and forecasts.
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Perform other related projects as needed
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in Accounting
- College Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Background in accounting, budgeting, and other related activities and finance controls
- Experience in the Agriculture Business is highly desirable
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies and solve problems
- Exceptional with Excel and other MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload
- Must be positive, personable, and professional
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred.
- Pay Range: $21.00 - $26.00 per hour - DOE.
- Vacation Pay and Medical benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)