THE GREATER CINCINNATI FOUNDATION
Senior Accountant, Finance
The Senior Accountant assists the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Controller on GCF and HealthPath Foundation accounting activities. Primary activities include closing the books, reconciling bank and investment accounts, and preparation of federal tax returns (990’s and 990-T) workpapers and financial audit schedules.
The Senior Accountant works under the direct leadership of the Controller. The Senior Accountant also works directly with the CFO, Controller and Director of Finance on investment related work and informational surveys. The Senior Accountant also works with the Staff Accountant to review Healthpath Foundation accounting. In addition, the Senior Accountant works collaboratively with GCF staff in other departments to provide support for financial/operational analyses and statistical reporting.
- Perform various general accounting duties such as monthly and quarterly journal entries, including payroll journal entries, and bank and investment account reconciliations
- Revenue accounting duties include tracking cash due to and from investment managers and perform settlement transactions monthly, rebalance GCF portfolios as directed by the GCF Investment Committee, and liquidate stock and mutual fund gifts received
- Assist in tracking stock and cash wire gifts and reviewing and posting entries made by the Staff Accountant
- Participate in the annual spending policy calculation as directed by the Controller
- Monitor and record alternative investments
- Complete periodic surveys as requested
- Update policies and procedures and make recommendations to improve internal controls.
- Provide customer service including reports for internal staff and address donor and investment manager issues
- Review HealthPath monthly accounting, audit, and Form 990 as prepared by the Staff Accountant.
- Prepare HealthPath investment analysis for board meeting. Also attend board meeting to gather information, relay information to Staff Accountant and work with HealthPath staff regarding their accounting needs
- Coordinate with staff and external accounting firm in the completion of the audited financial statements
- Prepare workpapers and coordinate with external accounting firm in the completion of the GCF Forms 990/990-T
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in accounting. Certified Public Accountant and/or not-for-profit experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting related position (public accounting or private industry)
- Technical knowledge of general accounting.
- Competency in current computer technology and use of excel
- Strong analysis and problem-solving abilities
- Strong oral communication and listening skills
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team member
REQUIRED INFORMATION & CULTURE INDEX
- Please submit resume (https://www.gcfdn.org/)
- Submit your resume with your desired salary to be considered for this position
- Deadline to submit resumes is Tuesday, July 31st. 1st point of contact will happen the first couple of weeks in August.
- Culture Index Survey- link as well as the description is detailed below
This email is a link to the Culture Index Survey. Please read the instructions and complete the form. We are asking you to complete the Culture Index Survey so we can see how it may apply to your work-related needs as well as our company requirements. It also assists us in better employee management and development.
Please click on the following link to complete the survey:
First and foremost, please understand that the Culture Index Survey is:
A survey, not a test. There is no passing or failing.
- There is no such thing as a perfect result.
- We only measure work related behaviors.
- We do not measure intelligence.
- We do no measure a person’s learning curve.
- We cannot determine race, gender or religion.
- We cannot determine your age.
- We cannot determine you ambition and
- We do not measure anything abnormal or clinical.
Take your time, read the instructions and complete the survey by yourself. We thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please have the survey completed within 24 hours of submission of your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- general ledger: 1 year (Required)