Work Experience, Skills and Education
- The freight broker need not have any special educational qualification to receive an employment opportunity. However, it is necessary to have a GED or high school diploma and some hands-on experience working as a freight broker.
- The applicant should have the knowledge and skill to make appropriate use of the reservoir. Besides, he should be capable of skillfully managing the time available at hand.
- The applicant should be proficient in handling various functions of the computer system. Additionally, they should be excellent in communicating with the people with whom they may come in contact.
- The applicant must possess sound mathematical skills with an ability to perform multitasking functions
- Required to schedule the third-party freight carrier groups that specially look after the transportation of freights. Also required to schedule for the loading and unloading, including the assembling and transferring arrangements for the freights
- Needs to be in constant contact with the shipment agencies in order to ensure an uninterrupted operation of the freight transportation services
- Maintains a professional relationship between the transportation agency who performs the task of transporting the goods and the organization, i.e. the shipper who wants its products and commodities to be transported to the desired destination
- Develop a formal relation with the various business organizations of the country in order to search for trusted carrier agencies. Will mostly look for those carrier agencies who can efficiently do the work of collecting the goods from the place of source to the place of destination
- Executes the work of confirming the amount of freights to be loaded with the shippers and communicates the same to the carrier agencies. Will also look after the paperwork needed for the furtherance of the freight processes and submit the paperwork to the concerned department for its processing
- Provides the freight rates and pricing system to the clients that best suit their needs and financial budget
- Required to make sure that the rates are competitive enough and in order to win the freight contract with the customers
- Responsibility of managing the queries of the customers. Require to discuss with the transportation agencies the cost applied for the transportation services
- Responsibility of keeping a close watch over the shipments involved in the freight services and making timely arrangements for their transportation
Job Types: Contract, Commission
- Freight Brokering: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity: