In this 10-week program, our interns will work on client business (roughly 75% of time) and participate in an open-brief creative project (roughly 25% of time). Interns will support teams on the day-to-day client business (varied by department). Additionally, they will develop a collaborative creative project centered on a real-world problem. Each team will receive the appropriate resources, including mentors, to accomplish their goal and complete assignments. Our interns are sharp, and can think both strategically and creatively no matter what discipline they're assigned to.
We are in the business of relationships. We are problem solvers who work to identify opportunities and hone in on solutions that enhance and grow our client's business.
APPLICATION DEVELOPER ACTIVITIES:
- Design, develop, deploy and integrate complex back-end solutions (mostly .NET C#, but possibly LAMP stack with Symfony2 or Laravel frameworks) to solve business or problems.
- Collaborate with other developers in your teams using Gitflow branching models, pull requests and in some instances continuous integration / continuous deployment.
- Develop unit-tests and non-regressions tests to accelerate your release frequency while ensuring high software quality.
- Maintain our solutions functional, secure and up to date using feature tracking solutions such as JIRA.
- Integrate with other applications and micro-services using REST or SOAP interfaces, and enabling high automation in our delivery processes
- Research and investigate technology solutions that could help resolve operational or business challenges, and demonstrate their efficiency by putting together proof of concepts and sharing these with the team
- Work with the creative, strategy, delivery and client services team to develop cross-disciplinary solutions to support our client's growth.
- Collaborate and clearly communicate with agency team members across departments and roles.
- Bring enthusiasm, open-mindedness, and a professional approach to all tasks and problem-solving.
- Be willing to learn and take direction and constructive criticism.
- Be ready to give supportive arguments and voice your opinion.
- Be proactive, ready to take initiative and able to lead other team members.
- Pitch creative project ideas.
- Brainstorm and research marketing opportunities for an open-brief creative project.
- Be willing to learn RAPP processes and tools to ensure quality control and efficiencies.
- Be highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Be able to multitask and manage projects as assigned within a given timeline.
- Possess a desire to keep up on current cultural trends.
- Tackle other assigned duties. Be ready for anything!
- Applicants must be one of the following:
- A current full-time student who is within one semester of earning an undergraduate degree (a senior graduating Spring 2019) when applying for the program
- A current full-time graduate student
- A former student who graduated Fall 2018 or after
- Must be able to show proof of legal work authorization to participate in a 10-week internship in the United States prior to the start of the internship. Internships will not be sponsored by RAPP.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency speaking and writing in the English language.
- Must possess good writing skills and the ability to recognize grammatical and factual errors.
- Must have a strong interest and/or experience in marketing/advertising.
- Must have experience with C# .NET web applications development. An exposure to opensource .NET applications such as Umbraco is a plus.
- A strong understanding of relational databases and query languages.
- An experience with another back-end language such as NodeJS, Ruby or PHP
- Experience with GIT source control is essential, and a working knowledge of gitflow branching model would be beneficial
- Exposure to cloud services (Azure in particular, but also AWS) will help in day to day conversations with devOps teams
- Must have had basic exposure to front end development (HTML/CSS/JS)