This position is located at Southwest VA Regional Jail Authority- Duffield
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and administer the day to day activities of the medical unit to include scheduling offsite medical appointments and follow-ups, scheduling transportation services, submitting request for purchases of office supplies, etc. submitting completed Utilization Management documents to corporate, maintaining the utilization log, maintaining all monthly logs on the unit.
- Provide administrative assistance and support to the Health Services Administrator and the Medical Director.
- Scanning medical records to the electronic medical record (if present) in a timely manner.
- Assists in the coordination and completion of special projects as necessary.
- Respond to requests from medical staff as well as security staff when applicable.
- Skill in the use of computers and software applications with a thorough knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to compile, coordinate and prepare reports
- Experience providing and promoting good customer service
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues appropriately and professionally
- High school diploma or GED preferred; equivalent experience or training may substitute for education.
What we Offer: (benefits vary based on status)
- Competitive Wages
- Generous paid time off
- 10 PAID holidays
- Additional paid time off for hours worked during a holiday
- Employer paid- Life insurance policy/AD&D, long-term disability and short-term disability
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family
- Participation in the MEDIKO retirement plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Plan
- CEUs paid for by MEDIKO
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time