**This position will work in both our Pinehills or Cordage Park locations in Plymouth. Hours will be between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as front line receptionist displaying courtesy and professionalism at all times while greeting or interacting with patients, families or other personnel in person or on the telephone.
- Responsible for accurate patient registrations; obtaining proper demographics, insurance and referring physician information.
- Obtain all necessary patient consents/signatures.
- Prepare, maintain and close patient medical records ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Collect co-pay and/or deductibles payments in accordance with credit and collection policy.
- Maintain written and telephone communications; screening all calls and referring to the appropriate individual.
- Assist in the collection and preparation of data for departmental reports.
- Schedule recurring patient appointments accurately and aggressively to maintain full schedules for clinical staff and ensure patient treatment plans are fulfilled.
- Coordinate and maintain insurance eligibility, benefits, authorizations, certifications and re-certifications to secure insurance payment.
- Troubleshoot all insurance denials and billing discrepancies.
- Enter and reconcile charges into Meditech billing system on a daily basis ensuring 100% accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Log and track all deliveries and department acquisitions during assigned shift.
- Other secretarial duties as necessary during assigned shift to maintain the smooth functional operations of the service.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, problem-solving techniques, strong interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills, strong keyboarding at 40 wpm and basic computer skills including word processing.
- Previous experience with hospital registration system and secretarial experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal supervision. Possess good decision-making skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure, maintaining a helpful and courteous manner.
- Two years of secretarial/clerical/billing experience.
- Graduate of Medical Assistant/Secretary course or equivalent.