Job Description Summary
- Providing Plant Engineering support to the a protein fractionation manufacturing department. The main focus of this role will be to directly support the assigned manufacturing department with engineering services and process equipment and facility life cycle management to continuously improve plant safety, technical compliance, and equipment/process reliability.
- A Manufacturing Engineer is needed for B33 Fractionation facility as soon as possible. Currently, there is no Manufacturing Engineer for this manufacturing area.
- This position is needed due to At-Risk production beginning in April, and to have the technical process SME in position to hand-over the project to once it is completed.
- Ensure the technical reliability as well as the work and plant safety of production facilities in the assigned manufacturing department.
- Planning of necessary technical changes and replacement investments on the basis of weak-point/bottleneckanalyses and long-term, obsolescence strategies.
- Ensure technical documentation in the assigned manufacturing department is up-to-date incl. archiving of technical documents.
- Ensure facilities are compliant with the government codes.
- Update maintenance and calibration plans collaborating with the engineering facility expert groups.
- Budget planning such as Scope and User Requirements for replacement and upgrade measures (long-term, obsolescence strategy).
- Performing and updating risk analysis of technical processes to identify critical equipment and optimization of maintenance approaches.
- Managing of upgrade and small investment projects (with an investment normally covered by an ACAR).
- Support assigned manufacturing department in the assessment and handling of technical deviations.
- Support assigned manufacturing department by creating technical Change-Control requests.
- Supports projects by participating on project teams as Manufacturing Engineering representative.
- Coordinating/Overseeingtechnical shutdowns in assigned manufacturing department.
- Completes any other duties/responsibilitiesassigned by senior management.
Relocation assistance to the Bradley, Illinois site is available.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience within a manufacturing facility, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental engineering principles and applications.
- Solid understanding of cGMP guidelines.
- Preferred candidate will have fractionation and/or purification pharmaceutical process experience.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Project, Excel and Word with specific strength in graphing functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- FDA Regulated Facility: 3 years
- working in a Pharmaceutical manufacturing facilit: 2 years