- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in psychology or an appropriate social science.
- One year experience providing care of Mental Health patients preferred. Current Act 33/34 clearances,
- FBI clearance, CPI training, and CPR certification. If not current, must be obtained within first 3 months of employment.
- Ability to perform computerized patient documentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with all members of the treatment team.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Performs mental health evaluations of patients in other departments of the hospital, as well as evaluations from external facilities.
- Documents evaluations of all patients as per policy.
- Initiates and obtains approval for commitments.
- Coordinates appropriate disposition of the patient.
- Obtains pre-certifications from insurance providers for all admissions or transfers.
- Functions as group-leader for patient treatment, as per departmental program.
- Documents group activities as well as patient response.
- Actively contributes to the patient treatment plan.
- Effectively and appropriately communicates with patients, external agencies, and all members of the treatment team.
- Performs additional job duties as directed by the DirectorSYSTEM-WIDE COMPETENCE/BEHAVIORS:
- Displays courtesy and sensitivity towards all hospital patients, visitors, and co-workers
- Appropriately manages difficult or emotional patients
- Responds promptly to customers’ needs
- Attends all mandatory in-services, and unit meetings
- Performs within his/her scope of practice
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Communicates effectively within the department and hospital
- Displays professionalism to promote a positive work environment
TYPICAL SOURCES OF SUPPORT:
- Director of BH services (or designee)
- Registered nurse
- Unit Coordinator
RELATIONSHIP OF THIS POSITION WITH OTHERS:
- This position works closely with other members of the treatment team.(Psychiatrists, Director, Case Managers, Staff Nurses, Social Workers, and other Therapists)
Highlands Hospital is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities according to applicable state and federal laws.
Highlands Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
· Full Benefits Package - Highmark Health Insurance
· Generous PTO Package
· Eligible for Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Free On-site parking
· On-site gym - Employee discount
· Verizon Wireless discount...... AND MORE!
Apply today to learn more about all of the benefits available to you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Mental Health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift