Thinksocially Technical Services is looking to hire personnel to serve our growing client base. We're a small and growing technology support (IT) company that does contract work for small and medium sized businesses in the DC area. As our number of clients grows, we will require more techs to handle the load, and we're interested in meeting with people who may be seeking a new career opportunity and a position with our organization.
Certifications are preferred, but are not necessarily required - what is most important is that you have a strong aptitude for working with computers and a variety of Microsoft (& Mac) OS's, networks and network devices, servers and server applications, and cloud applications We're looking for intelligent problem solvers.
Right now, we are offering a full time position. Thinksocially operates on a 4 day work week schedule for employees. Our philosophy is work to live, not live to work. Employees can choose to work a 5 day week for more money based on your base salary. Hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Variable bonuses can be earned with exceptional performance, and by contributing to our internal processes, procedures, and our knowledge base. You earn bonuses with good performance working IN the business, and by helping us work ON the business.
Pay is monthly, and reimbursement is offered for a portion of your smart phone bill and miles driven to client sites. There is an occasional need for hours outside the usual schedule, including weekend work, but it's uncommon and usually planned well in advance (i.e. work that requires system downtime must be done during non-business hours).
The position title is Systems Administrator. You would need to provide quality service to Thinksocially’s customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding Thinksocially Values at all times. The Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for working at client facilities to resolve issues that require onsite technical support.
This position will be the primary onsite technical support for 4 to 6 clients. You will visit multiple client sites during the workweek, and visits to each client site are performed on a routine schedule. Client visits are either half-day or full-day and range in frequency from daily, weekly or monthly. The Systems Administrator while not in the field will serve as surge support on the Service Desk and also be responsible for remote project work at client locations. The engineer is required to work independently and be able to prioritize the workload.
Specific experience that would make you stand out among other candidates:
- Windows server support and Windows certifications.
- MS Exchange system administration experience.
- A+, Network+, or Security Plus certification
Starting salary is flexible dependent on relevant experience.
Please be advised that we require drug testing as a condition of employment. Our clients require us to drug test applicants upon entry to our organization.
- Responsible for both remote and onsite support of Windows-based desktop & mobile computers, mobile devices, local and network printers and peripheral devices.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Provide customer support and problem resolution.
- Log and track service requests in the established ticketing system, prioritize and escalate jobs as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair devices that include network switches, routers, printer servers, remote access services, and cloud services.
- Oversee and be the technical resource for third party vendors when they are required.
- Perform routine inventorying of client systems.
- Write training, process, and ticket documentation (procedures), as well as train end-users.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, and reviewing system and application logs.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts and associated permissions per request.
- Effectively and concisely ask questions to determine the nature of the problem, and walk customers through problem-solving process.
- Effectively communicate ideas, expectations, and goals while working with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Work with and support the Account Manager to develop and execute on client priorities.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on software knowledge, installations and use.
- General understanding of internet protocols including DNS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP.
- Basic TCP/IP Troubleshooting Knowledge.
- General knowledge of Firewalls including VPN installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Installation and troubleshooting of desktop client applications including Microsoft Office Suite and antivirus clients.
- Ability to use appropriate tools to identify and remove spy-ware, ad-ware, and viruses.
- Remote troubleshooting using Remote Desktop, VNC, etc.
- Maintenance of enterprise backup solutions.
- Ability to work through and influence others.
- Strong customer service-oriented attitude along with excellent presence.
- Diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Proactive thinker and team player that is interested and willing to take on additional tasks.
- Strong computer literacy skills (Microsoft platform) with an emphasis on software knowledge, installations and use.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask - a sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated networking skills, able to foster strong relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Use multiple problem-solving techniques such as root-cause analysis, brainstorming and prioritization.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $49,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Computer Networking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Windows OS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mac OS: 1 year (Preferred)