Full Job Description
Catapult Consultants is now hiring a System Engineer (Levels I, II, III, IV, V). The Systems Engineer supports the development of system capabilities from requirements to deployment. This engineer works through requirements definition, designs and develops system-oriented products, and prepares installation, testing, operation, and maintenance specifications and instructions.
- Analyze user requirements, CONOPS and high-level system architectures to derive, develop and decompose system-level specifications.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture, and meets customer needs.
- Conduct trade studies, to determine possible system (hardware, software, architecture) improvements.
- Plan and/or support enhancement projects (Path 1 and Path 2) and Block Upgrade projects (Path 3) through requirements definition, implementation, development, operations, performance, testing,cost and schedule, training and support, and/or system disposal.
- Develop technical documentation, including CONOPS, user guides, test plans, and other CDRL items.
- DHS Suitability or active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance required.
- Two (2) or more years of Systems Engineering experience required.(A Master’s degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Information Technology or Business discipline is required.(Four (4) years of experience (for a total of six (6) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.)
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL).
- Experience and/or familiarity with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Project required.
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I (e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)) desired.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel while typing at a computer keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, or lift objects up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The vision requirements include: close vision.
Catapult Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in a dignified work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. It’s our policy to recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. This policy reflects our belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is a both our legal and moral responsibility, and good management practice.
All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.