Administrative Assistant – K3 Solutions/NIH
YOU MUST HAVE PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE WITH NIH!
Please be sure to read the job description fully. NIH has very specific formatting requirements for your resume itself, these instructions are posted at the bottom of the job description. If your resume does not meet these specified requirements, you will not be contacted.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide complex administrative support to top level executives.
- May handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material
- Prepares routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports applying advanced word processing and spreadsheet management skills.
- Research and summarize results in a timely and thorough manner.
- Review and disseminating memorandums to staff; conducting documents control for routing through office; preparing purchase request for small purchases, reviewing draft policies, standard operating procedures, and memorandums for grammar and format; coordinating travel and submitting data into Concur; compiling equipment requirements for office staff (e.g., laptops, printers, monitors); preparing training requests; and preparing matrix of office needs
- Generic clerical skills such as greeting and directing visitors, fielding phone calls, scheduling meetings, responding to callers, taking minutes, composing memos, transcribing, developing presentations, generating reports, and monitoring invoices, filing, and expense reports
- Advanced computer skills with advanced level knowledge of MS Excel, MS Work, MS Outlook, SharePoint.
- A college degree and four (4) years of related work experience or a high school diploma and eight (8) years of related work experience.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities with minimum supervision.
- Candidate should have the ability to work well with all levels of management and staff
- Prior work in a scientific research environment for a large Federal agency, as well as a firm knowledge of business administration is desired
- A comprehensive understanding of NIH, its organization and culture preferred.
- Ability to pass background screening.
NIH Resume Requirements:
- Must be submitted in Microsoft Word
- Must be in Times New Roman
- Font size 10
- All job headings/dates/title must be in bold
- All job descriptions must be bullet points, no paragraphs
- Make sure that all dates include beginning and ending month and year of employment.
- When indicating employer, please also include the department you worked in.
System Admin level III
National Institution of Health (NIH) – NIAID…. etc..
- Please specify which job was for NIH if not already in the job heading
- At the top of your resume, please write a short paragraph to further describe the specific work you did with NIH in more detail and specify which NIH department you worked in. This should also include what is already in your resume, plus any other details you can provide specific to the job/jobs you’ve held with NIH.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $31.00 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 4 years (Required)
- NIH: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Fluent English (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts