As the Subcontracts Administrator, you will be responsible for the development of subcontract execution plans, pre-qualification of subcontractors, preparing, analyzing, and revising subcontracts and associated purchase orders, along with driving forward the subcontract execution process including subcontract related reporting and closeout activities in accordance with the established UPI risk profile and UPI’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review and understand full prime agreement and assist with development of prime agreement flow-downs with oversight from management.
- Develop and implement subcontract plan for project and establish reporting requirements per UPI Standard Operating Procedures and contractual requirements.
- Perform sourcing and pre-qualification of potential bidders for each defined scope of work.
- Review work orders, change orders, purchase orders, and work directives to ensure conformance with risk profile.Recommend for signature if acceptable.
- Draft subcontracts and check and revise exhibits associated with same.
- Negotiate terms and conditions for subcontracts including complex services and most forms of agreement with minimal input from management.
- Ensure all certificates of insurance are in place and safety policies are set.
- Track changes as draft agreements are exchanged as well as related correspondence, including signature authority.
- Produce status reports on subcontractor burn rate to track funds expended in purchase order.Enter weekly goods receipt and track goods receipts not invoiced.
- Produce status reports on subcontractor claims as they develop and coordinate with directors and contractors to develop claims resolution strategies.
- Implement and administer UPI’s subcontracts by monitoring expiration date, confirming insurance requirements are met, and assisting project managers with questions about the contractual requirements.
- Work with legal counsel to advise management on contractual rights and obligations.
- Perform subcontract closeout on all services for project including obtaining all required documentation and reporting per contractual requirements in the prime agreement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.Must be able to speak clearly and succinctly to explain contractual provisions and edits.
- Ability to interact comfortably with senior management.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of UPI policies and procedures as well as subcontracting policies and how to apply them.
- Critical thinker capable of understanding the business case with an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing competing priorities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work load.
- Good analytical skills as demonstrated in the development of Excel spreadsheets, reporting and organization.
- Ability to create and evaluate a commercial bid tabulation for complex services that will develop a total installed cost evaluation (including taxes, logistics, oversight, etc.) with assistance from management.
- Ability to handle confidential information and documents without inadvertent disclosure.
- Excellent reading, writing, and editing skills with strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be a problem-solver, with the ability to think creatively to achieve business goals while managing legal risk and exposure for the company.
- Ability to work independently while understanding when to seek guidance.
- College degree.
- 4+ years subcontract administration experience required.
- Significant technical knowledge, and/or experience in domestic and international subcontracting, reviewing purchase orders, work orders, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Formal training in subcontracts management or certification in the subcontracting fields is preferred, equivalent experience acceptable.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and vision, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, 401k, PTO, and educational assistance.
UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide. For additional information about UniversalPegasus International please visit our web site at www.universalpegasus.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Veterans and disabled are welcome.
***Unsolicited Third Party Resumes Not Accepted***
Job Type: Full-time
- Contract Management: 4 years (Required)
- Contracts: 4 years (Required)
- Subcontract Administration: 4 years (Required)
- Contract Administration: 4 years (Required)
- Contract Negotiations: 4 years (Required)