Have you wonder what it would be like to be a sorority house director? This is the perfect opportunity for you. Delta Gamma’s Alpha Lambda Chapter at Drake University currently has an opening for a Sorority House Director for Spring semester. This could be a perfect opportunity for someone who was looking to become a Sorority House Director but wasn’t completely sure if the job was for them. This also could be a perfect opportunity for someone looking to work for the Spring semester. This position is an hourly position. .
What does a Sorority House Director do you might ask? Under supervision of a volunteer House Corp you manage the property. You live at the sorority house with chapter members but have your own living quarters complete with your own bathroom.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
The requirements you must meet are as follows:
- Ensuring a safe and productive environment for collegians and staff
- Responds appropriately during all emergency situations by contacting appropriate parties
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the House Corp Board and coordinators all routine maintenance issues in a timely manner. Notifies House Corporation Board of major repairs that exceed agreed amount with estimates that need to be done. Report immediately to the House
- Corporation Board all hazards and damages that require insurance claims.
- Manages multiple preferred service providers to resolve issues while staying within budget.
- Remains with all visitors at all times including service providers.
- Meets with the House Manger and Chapter President Regularly.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to reside in the house, while the women are living in the house.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, email and scanning.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and go up and down stairs.