The role of a Transportation Specialist is to retrieve and review rate confirmations; timely and accurately relay all shipment information from the ReedTMS system to our motor carrier partner/driver. Perform real time status updates throughout the life of the load; complete daily check calls as noted; communicate and escalate shipment and truck delays, claims and service disruptions to account management, carriers sales, and customers as needed; handle overflow call volume from other departments.
- Learn and understand the entire dispatch process, the statuses used for each part of the process, and how/when to apply them in ReedTMS.
- Become proficient at utilizing the dispatch and customer service module in ReedTMS.
- Understand how to navigate the various other modules in ReedTMS to obtain information to perform job function (i.e. Trip Tracer, Driver Call-In, Customer/Vendor Profiles, PC Miler)
- Learn about customer and carrier scorecard metrics and develop a keen understanding of how the time stamps in ReedTMS affect the scorecard results.
- Develop an understanding of the late reason codes in ReedTMS and when to apply them to pick-ups.
- Prepare and follow up on night and early morning assignments for TOG
- Be a team player by supporting the overflow call volume and operational needs of all groups on the floor.
- Learn and utilize EBE imaging system for document retrieval and black ice imaging
- Ensure all rate cons are signed by the motor carrier and returned to ReedTMS prior to dispatching the order.
- Make sure driver knows to contact ReedTMS staff when loaded and each morning by 10am
- Other duties as assigned.
Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Intermediate mathematical abilities. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, written and verbal
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Contract management systems, word processing, spreadsheets.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, letters and documents.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to speak and write flunetly in Spanish and English
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters /placement agencies. ReedTMS will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means
Job Type: Full-time