Research and Development Chemist
The Research and Development Chemist is responsible for formulating and reformulating products, setting up test methods and laboratory equipment, and approving chemical offsets. This position interacts with quality, production, customer service, and purchasing departments.
The Research and Development Chemist must have a B.S. degree in chemistry, biology, or chemical engineering, and preferably lab experience. The position also requires:
- understanding of analytical chemistry,
- familiarity with laboratory instrumentation,
- good math skills,
- good computer skills, and
- good communication skills.
- Conduct research and development of new products.
- Improve existing products to reduce cost, improve performance, or simplify manufacturing.
- Test competitors’ products.
- Analyze and approve chemical offsets.
- Analyze properties of competitor products.
- Develop and validated test methods.
- Source and qualify laboratory equipment.
- Prepare samples for customers.
- Maintain formulations and specifications for current products.
- Maintain SDS for raw materials and maintain chemical database.
- Validate batching of new or reformulated products.
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree Reports to: R&D Manager – Commercial
Gurnee, Illinois Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm
Full-Time Travel Required: None
Weiman® is the most recognized, trusted brand in premium surface care and the #1 choice of consumers who value preserving, protecting and beautifying their homes. Weiman products are available nationwide in mass retailers, supermarkets, hardware stores and home improvement centers under the Weiman®, Goo Gone®, Magic®, Natural Magic®, SCI® (Stone Care International), Gonzo® and OOPS!® brands and are known for their quality, convenience and innovation.
Weiman Healthcare Solutions is a market leader in the development and manufacturing of innovative products for surgical instrument cleaning, disinfection, sterilization and care. Weiman® offers a full spectrum of the highest quality products for the surgical instrument and environmental cleaning, care and disinfection processes that are critical for infection protection in all types of healthcare facilities.
Visit our website at www.weimanproducts.com.