Full time (Non-management position)
POSITION TITLE: Instructional Systems Designer II / Full-time, Exempt / Telecommute (work from home) Option
This position requires applicants to have hands-on experience designing Interactive multimedia instruction (IMI) for the Department of Defense (DoD). Experience with US Navy Training standards is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Designer II works with a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Media Specialists, and Programmers to design and develop Interactive multimedia instruction (IMI).
· Perform analysis of learning objectives.
· Apply sound instructional design methodologies to design engaging IMI and training materials using Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), SME input, and Government Furnished Information (GFI) to achieve learning objectives.
· Design knowledge and performance assessments.
· Collaborate with Instructional System Designers, Media Specialists, and Programmers to develop IMI.
· Other tasks assigned as necessary.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field (Education, I/O Psychology, Instructional Systems)
· 3 to 5+ years of ISD experience working on DoD programs
· Experience designing/developing Course and Lesson Outlines, Lesson Design Strategies (LDSs), Script Storyboards (SSBs), Media Requests, and On-Screen Lessons (OSLs)
· Experience developing knowledge and performance assessments
· Experience developing Instructor and Trainee Guides
· Authoring software experience
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, PPT, Excel)
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Strong communication skills – written and verbal
· Excellent quality assurance/grammar skills
· Experience working in a collaborative and deadline-driven work environment
· Knowledge of US Navy training standards and formal documentation
· Knowledge of Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM) Content Planning Module (CPM) and Learning Object Module (LOM)
· Experience with military rotary winged aircraft
Note: A security clearance is not required but you must have US citizenship.
The ASTA Group, LLC provides products/services that are considered defense services under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and, therefore, requires applicants to be U.S. Citizens, Permanent Resident Aliens, or protected individuals under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) (including refugees or asylees). Offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment background verification (including E-Verify).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $52,000.00 - $62,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
This is a remote work from home opportunity
- military training development: 3 years (Preferred)
Hours per week:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible