Chattanooga Charter School of Excellence (CCSE) is seeking passionate educators ready and excited to successfully instruct elementary students in grades K-5. Teachers will create a flexible class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with scholars; to motivate scholars to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for education, in accordance with each scholars’ ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- The teacher implements lesson plans for specific subject area assigned utilizing standards, curriculum and course(s) of study.
- Instructs scholars in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Provides individualized, small group, and differentiated instruction in order to meet the needs of each scholar.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains acceptable standards of scholar behavior by establishing and clearly communicating parameters for student classroom behavior and managing disruptive behavior.
- Evaluates scholars’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss scholars’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies scholar needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping scholars solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Participates in the IEP process as appropriate and as required by law.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service, workshops, and other professional development activities.
- Collaborates with the appropriate administrator on the evaluation process in conformance with district evaluation guidelines.
- Participates in curriculum development committees as required.
- Participates in faculty meetings, committees and the sponsorship of scholar activities.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual in Spanish (Highly Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Possession of valid teaching certification (as appropriate).
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years successful teaching experience (may include Student Teaching Internship experience).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of and commitment to company values.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative staff.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful.
- Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email communications.
About Chattanooga Charter School of Excellence (CCSE)
Chattanooga Charter School of Excellence (CCSE) provides an innovative, engaging, and personalized learning environment for students in grades K-8. Established in 2011, CCSE is centrally located in Chattanooga, Tennessee... a city that is well-known nationally for its scenic beauty, outdoor recreation and sports activities, and quality of life.
CCSE delivers high quality, rigorous teaching and learning through single gender classrooms. Research has shown that offering single-gender classes is an effective response to school-level data that shows achievement gaps between males and females. This approach has also proven an effective choice option for parents whose children are not achieving at expected levels.
In addition to delivering a curriculum that is aligned to Tennessee State Standards, CCSE utilizes the Core Knowledge curriculum. The Core Knowledge curriculum is a content-rich and rigorous liberal arts course of study in which all children are expected to learn geography, world and American history, mathematics, science, language arts, art, music, and foreign languages. Learn more about the Core Knowledge Curriculum at www.coreknowledge.org/the-k-8-sequence.
CCSE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin, religion, or disability. Discrimination in recruitment, examination, appointment, training, promotion, retention, discipline, or any other employment practice based on one of these improper motives is prohibited. Furthermore, harassment based on a person's race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, or disability is a form of discrimination and will not be condoned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tennessee Teacher (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Dental insurance