Traeger Grills, headquartered in Salt Lake City, has been revolutionizing BBQ grilling and outdoor cooking for 30 years. We obsess over providing world-class experiences to not only our customers, but also to our retail partners and vendors. Recently voted as a 2016, 2017. & 2018 Best Company to Work For, and a Top 25 Fastest Growing Company by Utah Business Magazine, we're looking for individuals who are committed to winning. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture based around teamwork, quality, innovation and constant growth and development. We cook together and we win together!
The copywriter is a key member of the marketing team, responsible for crafting Traeger's voice for all written assets. We're not only a grill company but also a lifestyle brand that maintains a fun, disruptive personality that the copywriter will use to engage our audience. This position will work in collaboration with the brand and communication teams, helping develop campaign ideas and writing copy for all consumer and dealer-facing needs. The copywriter will also work closely with the SEO manager, ensuring all web content is optimized to the fullest
- Write all copy for Traeger web content, product pages, consumer and dealer-facing catalogs, email campaigns, radio scripts, packaging materials, print collateral, SEO meta descriptions, etc.
- Ensure all copy is on-brand for Traeger and demographic-appropriate as well as creative and engaging
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop creative campaigns and messaging for all consumer-facing initiatives
- Work closely with SEO manager to ensure important keywords are used in all web copy and find creative ways to optimize overall website
- Meet strict deadlines for print dates and digital launch dates
- Proofread all copy and ensure that it is free of grammatical errors
- Work independently to manage schedule and complete projects on time
- Meet with necessary Traeger teams/individuals to gather information needed for content
This role is designed for someone who is energized to work in a fast paced, growing, and dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with originality and ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability writing and editing digital assets, printed assets, and other marketing materials
- Vast grammatical knowledge and editing skills
- Minimum 2 years of writing and editing experience, preferably for a consumer goods company or lifestyle brand
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or creative writing or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to execute projects quickly and efficiently and collaborate well with a team
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Employee Discounts on all Traeger Products!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs and initiatives that help you grow and develop professionally
- A positive and supportive team to work with
- Company provided meals everyday, Utah Gold Ski and SLC City Golf passes, Discounted Gym Memberships, cell phone reimbursement, company sponsored Community Service opportunities, and much more!