About Purple Academy:
Purple Academy is a digital education company stationed in Seoul, Korea which specializes in virtual learning and content creation. At Purple Academy, we pursue a natural approach to English-learning known as ‘acquisition’. Our programs are based on the curriculum from the United States, which enables us to give equal opportunity to those students whose first language is not English.
Utilizing various public education programs of the United States, we aim for gradual yet consistent improvement of students with a home-schooling program guided by our professional English tutors. Students who have never used English can begin from very basic lessons like the Alphabet, before graduating through our methodically developed syllabus for each level.
- You must grade a minimum of 6 writing samples each hour.
- Compensation: $18/hr + α (additional payment will be provided if more than 6 papers are graded per hour)
- Flexible hours
You will be responsible for providing constructive feedback for each individual paper Writing assignments will have different requirements each week and will follow the writing rubric of our textbook, Evan Moor Six-Trait Writing. Understanding and ascertaining whether the writing conventions/requirements were met will be a key responsibility. Each writing sample will be about 1 page written by primary school students.
- Must own a tablet with an electronic pen along with an annotation program (ex. Kami)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under limited supervision
- Currently attending or has graduated from a 4-year university
- English Language/Literature Major
- Bilingual in Korean/English
- Prior experience teaching/grading papers is an advantage
- Please submit your resumealong with any language competency certification papers you may have.
- Interviews will be conducted over zoom.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: From $18.00 per hour