WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
The Janitorial Services Department of Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks a Janitor to perform all traditional janitorial work in and around the buildings.
- Dust all ledges, counter tops, files, office equipment, desks, and walls.
- Dust mop all hard surfaces.
- Spot cleaning or complete washing of all walls, files, desk tops, office glass, partitions, doors, chairs, blackboards, mirrors, waste baskets and garbage cans, office machines, and ash trays.
- Thorough cleaning of all bathroom fixtures and partitions.
- Polishing furniture.
- Metal polishing.
- Hosing and sweeping of sidewalks.
- Trash removal.
- Dismantling and cleaning of light fixtures.
- Operation of vacuum cleaners.
- Cleaning of Venetian blinds (washing & vacuuming).
- Policing of facility and grounds (inside & outside).
- Washing of exterior walls.
- Scraping of gum and other objects from hard surfaces and carpets.
- Spot cleaning furniture or carpet, but not more than two (2) hours per day.
- Set up and/or take down chairs and tables.
- Wet mopping or spot mopping public corridors, washrooms, classrooms, and any hard surfaces.
- Operation of compactors and/or balers.
- Maintenance of outside ground (raking, grass cutting, watering, garbage, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
- Preference will be given to current temporary janitors at City Colleges of Chicago.
- Must be able to perform all duties listed above.
Monday through Friday:
11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Work schedule is subject to change based upon facility hours of operation. Advance notice will be communicated in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!