Responsible for the planning, performance, direction and coordination, directly and through subordinates, of the work within various project locations, ensuring productivity, profitability and safety by performing the following duties. Directly responsible for P & L for assigned area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for overseeing operational plans, project schedules and goals to achieve overall operational efficiencies ensuring maximum margins are achieved.
- Provides guidance to the development of a production process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs.
- Responsible for the efficient use of equipment, facilities and personnel to maximize production. Makes adjustments as required.
- Effectively leads and mentors staff to ensure development of personnel management skills and productive approaches that build teamwork and common goals in a respectful environment.
- Directs the hiring, and project staffing with a focus on development and retention of employees by establishing performance goals, developing job skills, recognizing performance and promoting diversity.
- Responsible for analyzing company expenditures, financial and operational reports to determine requirements needed for improving profitability. Works with managers to ensure budgets and deadlines are met.
- Directs requisitions for equipment, materials and supplies to ensure they are within limits of project or division budgets and field operations are maintained at maximum efficiency.
- Enforces compliance of personnel with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of RFPs/RFQs, ensuring submissions are competitive and profitable. Upon contract award, ensures that quality and service meets or exceed customer expectations.
- As a key customer contact, resolves all concerns and maintains positive business relationships with current clients ensuring their satisfaction and retention.
- Identifies new customers, develops positive business relationships and secures targeted new business volume.
Directly supervises Operations Manager in addition to a safety manager. Indirectly supervises Operations Supervisors engaged in the Company's operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 10 to 15 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years prior experience in the pipeline integrity/cathodic protection industry.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
Mathematical Skills Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Skills Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts and uneven surfaces. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.