Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with system-level mobile devices, including both hardware and software, and interactions between the two.
- Experience with power measurement tools such as Monsoon, digital multimeter, etc.
- Experience with Linux/Android tools such as adb, Systrace, Git, etc.
Experience with mobile phone hardware subsystems including applications processor, cellular modem, TPU/NPU, graphics, multimedia, display, memory, WiFi, etc.
- Experience with and understanding of mobile phone workloads in one or more areas: multimedia processing, camera pipeline, render and display processing, cellular modem/WiFi processing, machine learning, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
Join a team of power experts in the Pixel Power team and help make battery life awesome for Pixel phones and for the broader Android ecosystem. The Pixel Power team is responsible for all aspects of power for Pixel devices, from concept to volume production to post deployment, and for delivering battery life for our users.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $119,000-$175,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work with cross-functional hardware, software, and systems teams to define and develop system-level power models, targets, and estimates for the entire platform.
- Define and develop detailed use case flows and workload models for various usage scenarios, and perform power/performance trade-off analysis and optimizations.
- Define, develop and utilize benchmarks, tools, scripts and tests for debugging battery drain issues, system profiling, model validation, power consumption, and competitive analysis.
- Propose and drive implementation of innovative new power optimization features across hardware and software.
- Define and develop techniques for in-field battery life monitoring and analysis.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.