Part of the international restaurant group Azumi Ltd*, INKO NITO offers unconventional Japanese robatayaki in a casual environment. INKO NITO is the realization of an eclectic bunch from across the globe. Having chosen LA as our newest home, the restaurant offers:
Food - bold, banging and delicious flavors…. No frills!
Atmosphere – fun, welcoming and warm……. No fuss!
*Azumi Ltd. Established in 2002 by Co-founder and Creator Rainer Becker, Azumi Ltd is a privately-held, leading lifestyle hospitality company that develops, manages, and operates award-winning global restaurants, including Zuma, ROKA London, Oblix and ETARU.
We are always recruiting for top talent for our restaurant as we expand all around the Greater Los Angeles area. We look forward to speaking with you about the amazing available opportunities with our expanding brand. We currently have locations within Los Angeles - in the heart of Downtown LA Arts District and Hollywood.
With the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef, assist in oversight and management in of all aspects of kitchen operations, from robata to hot kitchen and provide a highly efficient and effective service while ensuring that all financial and statutory requirements are met and supporting the delivery of outstanding customer service. Management of all kitchen family members to include, but are not limited to; interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, promoting, performance evaluations, disciplining, and termination and as well as functions below:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervision and overall performance and development of family members in conjunction with kitchen management team, including Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef
- Assists in kitchen family members’ overall productivity and efficiency, such as recommendations with promotions, performance appraisals, and disciplinary guidelines
- Maintains standards of quality and service through oversight of kitchen family members’ responsible station
- Responsible for efficient kitchen production, such as but not limited to, controlling waste and sustain knowledge and competency of INKO NITO menu items
- Assists in management of kitchen inventory, kitchen labor, controlling food costs and kitchen procurement
- Assists in the creation and preparation of food items according to the standard recipes, with the highest quality of INKO NITO expectations
- Ensures and maintains proper operations of kitchen equipment, ensuring good standard and like new conditions, with minimum maintenance
- Consistently and constantly leads by example for our family members by leading the way and not directing the way. Constantly instills a culture of pride and ownership
- Assists in management of kitchen morale, ensuring engagement and efficient productivity that meets INKO NITO standards
- Trains kitchen family members in the preparation of all INKO NITO menu items and provides performance feedback
- Assists in management of restaurant’s operational budgets are strictly adhered to, all costs are controlled, and any expenditures go through proper approval channels
- Familiarizes with and work in any section of the kitchen when necessary or as requested by the Executive Chef, General Manager and/or Director of Operations
- Reviews and ensures work stations are cleaned at the end of a meal period and food is stored away in the appropriate manner, meeting state and local health and safety codes
- Ensures the proper handling and storage of all food items according to health and safety, abiding by all federal, state and local labor, health and safety laws
- Consistently maintains good working relationships with family members, all other departments and liaison with Human Resources, the Executive Chef and other management about employee-related issues and professional relationships
- Have a complete understanding of the restaurant's policies relating to fire, food, health and safety, including staff training and adherence by all
- Have a complete understanding of the restaurant’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within it
- Develops an open culture of communication, both formal and informal and encourage family members’ involvement
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- Responds quickly and properly in any restaurant emergency.
- Maintains an alert and attentive demeanor at all times, in addition to remaining calm during periods of heavy business volumes.
- Maintains cleanliness in all areas of the restaurant, specifically the kitchen areas. Maintains highest standard of hygiene and sanitation and supports and enforces family members cleanliness standards. Follows Health Department standards for hygiene and safe food handling.
- The ability to perform other tasks and duties as directed.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication and organizational skill. Strong communication skills with other managers, Sous Chefs and family members
- Ability to handle stressful situations and be able to prevent and/or handle emergency situations
- A cheerful, positive attitude when working with a variety of personalities, and be able to work well under pressure. To continuously provide a courteous and professional service
- Responsible, professional and clean appearance with INKO NITO standards
- Must be able to read, write and speak English; preferably knowledge in kitchen Spanish
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderated and controlled by facility environmental systems
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for an extended period of time
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs. and on a regular and continuing basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks
- Manual dexterity required to use and operate all necessary equipment
- Talking, hearing and seeing (vision) occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, management and other family members
Minimum three years kitchen experience required, preferably managing high-volume kitchen with minimum 10 employees.
- Licenses or Certificates:
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any local, state and/or federal government required licenses, certificates or permits.
All family members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per INKO NITO standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent