Telephone Switching International, INC. is a leading nationwide provider of technical professional services. We are seeking candidates interested in joining our team of exceptional DC Power Technicians. DC Power Technicians must be proficient in the following areas. If you feel that your skills and experience qualify you for this role and are interested in being considered, please send your updated resume in a Word.DOC and include your current contact information.
Job Title: Central Office DC Power Level IV
Job Type: Contracting 1099
Location: Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Tennessee
Duration: On going
MUST HAVE CENTURYLINK OR WINDSTREAM EXPERIENCE AND BE FULLY TRAINED AND EXPERIENCED TO WORK IN A CENTURYLINK OR WINDSTREAM CENTRAL OFFICE
- Complete understanding of AC/DC theory.
- Responsible for maintenance of Central Office Power Equipment including, but not limited to batteries, rectifiers, generators, power plants, transfer switches and power monitoring equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate problems within physical or electrical circuits, maintaining and repairing power systems/equipment.
- Experience with installation of battery plants, 48VDC, and Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, distribution equipment, BDFB's, and inverters.
- Installation of ironwork and cable racks in support of power systems.
- Running of power cable up to 750 MCM, lug crimping, lacing, Chicago and Kansas City stitches.
- Ability to follow schematics and diagrams and all other duties associated with the installation and maintenance of DC power.
- Visiting customer facilities to evaluate needs and develop solutions.
- Removal of DC power plants, monitors, batteries and BDFB’s.
- Experience in a live power environment and are comfortable performing hot cuts.
- Interpret and/or write scope of work & MOP's.
- MUST have the ability to program power controllers.
- Knowledge of telecom DC grounding systems.
- Ability to rack, stack and secure equipment bays/battery stands.
- Oversee volatile work activities inside energized equipment.
- Lead verification (voltage).
- Minimum 5 years DC Power Plant experience.
- Basic electricity knowledge as it relates to telecommunications (through classes or on the job-related training) including: reading & interpreting circuit diagrams, equipment drawings, & technical manuals.
- Test circuits and components of malfunctioning telecommunications equipment to isolate sources of malfunctions, using test meters, circuit diagrams, polarity probes, and other hand tools.
- The ability to work without immediate direction in remote locations.
- Proficiency in office computer applications: Email, Excel, Word.
- Ability to work effectively with engineers, technicians and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, including proficiency in written and verbal communications, and strong listening skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and multitasking ability as well as a self-starter.
- Basic mechanical skills a must.
- Capability of to lift 100+ pounds regularly unassisted – High Impact / High Activity.
- Load and Unload company vehicles.
- This position requires extensive travel to job sites across several states.
- Follow all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) guidelines.
- Maintain a current driver’s license and insurance.
- Must pass comprehensive background check and drug screening.
Job Type: Contract
- DC Power Plant: 5 years (Required)