Summer Intern – Management Consulting
At Kaufman Hall, we believe that sustained success is never an accident. It is the result of sound decision making, based on data-driven analysis and disciplined thinking, and guided by the fundamental principles of corporate finance.
Kaufman Hall provides management consulting services and enterprise performance management software that help organizations realize sustained success amid changing market conditions. Since 1985, we have been a trusted advisor to boards and executive management teams, helping them incorporate proven methods into their strategic planning and financial management processes and quantify the financial impact of their plans to consistently achieve their goals.
Our services use a rigorous, disciplined, and structured approach that is based on the principles of corporate finance. The breadth and integration of our advisory services are unparalleled. Services encompass strategy; financial and capital planning; debt and derivatives-related financial transactions; capital allocation and decision making; and mergers, partnerships, and joint ventures.
Kaufman Hall’s Axiom Software provides sophisticated, flexible performance management solutions that empower finance professionals to analyze results, model the future, and optimize organizational decision making. Solutions for long-range planning, budgeting and forecasting, reporting and analytics, consolidations, capital planning, and profitability and cost management are delivered on a single integrated software platform.
Kaufman, Hall & Associates, LLC, is seeking self-motivated, intellectually curious professionals with a genuine interest in healthcare to spend 12-14 weeks working in one of Advisory Services practice groups: Strategic Financial Planning, Mergers, Acquisitions & Partnerships and Treasury & Capital Markets. Mentorship and learning comes in the form of an apprenticeship model, working hands-on with junior and senior leaders and Managing Directors receiving real-time feedback on the efforts put forth.
The essential functions of the position are:
- Help the team of consultants create and apply industry-leading solutions to the most challenging strategic and organizational issues facing our clients
- Research and develop sound hypothesis and recommendations for clients on strategic and financial planning and optimization, leveraging Kaufman Hall subject matter experts, proprietary software and resources. This includes data gathering, and entry-level analysis, interpretation and some exposure to h financial modeling exercises, valuations, and debt and derivative modeling.
- Build presentations and completed work product to be presented to clients and Board members
- Support the needs of the practice beyond client-specific work as required
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a strong history of academic excellence and leadership, personally and professionally.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Highly intelligent and intellectually curious
- Clear and concise presentation and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and financial modeling skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other analytic tools
- Team focused; supportive and accountable to colleagues
- Self-motivated; ability to take initiative on assigned project components
- Committed to integrity and high ethical standards
- Current permanent US work authorization required
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier University with a concentration in corporate finance, accounting, economics and/or healthcare administration is strongly preferred
- Expected date of graduation: May 2021
- Minimum GPA of 3.4 or higher
Kaufman, Hall, & Associates, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, or physical or mental disability or other legally protected category.