A branch service manager's responsibility is managing the shop floor and handling minor shop administrative tasks that are the result of preventative maintenance and repairs. The branch service manager oversees the maintenance supervisor and/or technicians to assure the location aligns business objectives and customers demands.
Monday - Friday 1st shift
- Manage preventative maintenance scheduling, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding services, products, or personnel
- Hire, train, and evaluate personnel
- Assure that each direct report understands the company objectives
- Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business
- Direct and supervise associates engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or performing specific services, such as pumping gasoline for customers
- Provide staff with assistance in performing difficult or complicated duties
- Plan and prepare work schedules, and assign associates to specific duties
- Attend company meetings to exchange product information and coordinate work activities with other departments
- Prepare sales and inventory reports for management and budget departments
- Formulate pricing policies according to profitability requirements
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- At least 3 years of previous work experience in diesel shop maintenance required
- At least 1 years of supervisory experience required
- Associates Degree (business or technical) or Vo-Tech Graduate preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint required
- Strong written/oral communication and people management skills required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.