Applies advanced knowledge of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices to implement and administer enterprise data, voice, video, and Industrial Control System (ICS) networks in a twenty-four hour, seven (7) day per week (24x7) mission critical environment. Manage assigned projects in development, test, and production environments.
- Implements, administers, and provides hardware and software support for enterprise data, voice, video, and industrial controls networks with various forms of communications including provider-based IP/MPLS and VPLS, private radio, cellular, and satellite.
- Provides network traffic analysis and optimization recommendations to ensure a highly available, efficient, and secure delivery platform for data and voice traffic
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues by identifying specific service problems impacting the environment (hardware, software, service provider, LAN/WAN, voice, etc.)
- Supports enterprise Cisco VoIP telephony/UC solution including back-office services and end-user requirements at local and multiple remote sites
- Works with established service providers to manage the acquisition and tuning of all data and voice circuits for SemGroup locations worldwide
- Provide support of Cisco firewalls, SSL/VPN appliances, and other security products such as network access control (NAC)
- Supports security policies and procedures by applying and monitoring appropriate security layers to the network
- Provide assistance to other IT team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- Three (3) + years of professional IT experience with specific emphasis on Cisco routers, firewalls, and switches. Cisco certifications preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of layer-2/layer-3 networks and dynamic routing protocols including BGP and EIGRP
- Wireless solutions experience desirable including private radio, satellite, and cellular networks
- Proficiency in installing, configuring, and maintaining site-to-site VPN and IP/MPLS networks
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and team skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Participate in 24x7 support.
- Travel will be required – approximately 20%.
Interacts with internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Works under general direction. Receives guidance as to results expected and to resolve complex problems. Exercises latitude in determining activities and approaches within moderate to wide parameters.
Work is normally performed in a climate-controlled environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of a normal office environment. No environmental hazards are encountered in performance of normal job duties.
Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboard at moderate skill level. Work may require occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying 20-pound objects such as files, documents, and computer printouts. Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve standing and walking for brief periods.