All candidates for employment must affirm Care Net Pregnancy Resource Centers' statement of faith: https://www.voice4life.org/uploads/2/7/5/7/27574825/core_documents_statement_of_faith_pdf.pdf
The Graphic Designer position is 24 hours per week for this life affirming pregnancy center. The Graphic Designers conceptualizes visions and ideas to produce digital, web, print, and social media promotional materials for our Christ-centered pregnancy centers based in Manassas, VA. He or she is responsible for creatively executing strategies for use on multiple platforms. The Graphic Designer impacts and influences the Care Net Pregnancy Resource Centers brand among all audiences: donors, churches, the community, clients, volunteers, media, etc.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Commitment to Biblical standards of personal conduct, including sexual purity.
- Sincere desire to reach others with the love of Jesus Christ and the Gospel message.
- Faithful attendance at and participation in a local church and personal growth through devotions and Bible study.
- Personal pro-life stand that affirms the necessity of protecting all human life from the moment of conception, even in the so-called hard cases.
- Agreement with and commitment to abide by the Core Documents of the CNPRCs.
- Spiritual and emotional maturity resulting in the ability to work well with and relate to a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships with the Board of Directors, other staff and volunteers that foster communication and teamwork.
- Commitment to the Biblical standards of conflict resolution, including the ability to accept criticism and to offer rebuke with a spirit of humility.
- Adherence to CNPRCs’ Policies and Procedures, including confidentiality.
- Create high quality graphic and visuals for digital, web, print, email and social media
- Brand design for events and marketing (posters, slides, banners, brochures, flyers etc.)
- Regularly update and maintain client and donor websites and social media
- Attend and support occasional community and church events
The designer has 2 years or more of experience. Less experience will be considered based on portfolio quality. This 24-hour a week position is appropriate for a recent graduate, as well as an experienced graphic designer seeking meaningful Christ-centered part-time employment that contributes to saving lives and furthering the Gospel in our community. A portfolio of marketing and design materials suitable for a ministerial audience is required. Any special emphasis on mothers, babies and fundraising is desirable.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to meet and create deadlines
- Always thinking of innovative ways to raise the bar and take designs and ideas to the next level
- Ability to translate ideas and concepts into creative visuals for print and online
- Ability to maintain integrity of Care Net PRCs brand, to include managing brand standards
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting, as well as independently to bring projects through to completion
- Ability to design for multiple formats and desire to stay current with emerging platforms and technologies
- Knowledge of graphic standards for print and digital
- Attention to detail in design and usability for a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems, such as Weebly, Hootsuite, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign
- Photography/Video experience a plus
Reporting & Supervision
Graphic Designer reports to and is supervised by the CEO, but functions in a team environment.
- Concept, design and implement all Care Net PRCs brand deliverables, to include the client and donor website; newsletters; supporter marketing e-mails; exhibits and signage for events; apparel, online ads, brochures, flyers, posters and other collateral for the ministry.
- Develop campaigns around fundraisers, such as Baby bottles, Banquet, Walk 4 Life, etc.
- Work with Donor Relations Coordinator to concept social media campaigns. Execute social media campaigns.
- In partnership with CEO, review analytics of performance of website, e-mail campaigns, direct mail campaigns, social media, special events and other performance indicators.
- Manage website re-development effort for client website. Work with CEO and other staff to include coordinating focus groups, surveys, market research and other research.
- Manage website re-development effort for donor website. Work with CEO and other staff to include coordinating focus groups, surveys, market
Job Type: Part-time
Required work authorization: