Information Technology - Transition Manager (100% remote/virtual) (Job Number:437985)
SAIC has an opening for a Transition Manager. This is a 100% remote/virtual position but can require up to 50% travel when needed.
Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
The Transition Manager provides the Program Manager with support by overseeing both the transition-in or the transition-out schedule and the completion of the transition activities to ensure all projects move together toward meeting established goals and objectives.
The Transition Manager will work with the existing COR and Contractor to capture key elements to ensure a smooth transition.
Identify tasks, assign and coordinate resources, and create and track project schedules as they relate to either transition-in or transition-out.
Ensure clear communication and timely resolution of issues.
Ensure competency in project and financial management, manage teams, and formulate a business strategy.
The candidate has the ability to direct project managers, technical resources and external resources assigned to the Transition engagements.
Furthermore, the Transition Manager has experience in using standardized tools, templates and processes to manage the delivery of transition and migration program/projects.
- Ensure products and services are delivered within schedule, scope and budget and meet the required level of quality.
- Create best practice detailed transition plans utilizing work breakdown structure to establish critical path, agreed upon milestones/deliverables, and resource plans according to the transition strategy
- Prepare executive reports and present to Senior IT Management (both client and internal) Lead identification of risks, actions, and issues through proactive communication and collaboration with stakeholders and various teams
- Lead rapid transition approaches for cloud based solutions
- Lead Steady State Hand- Off activities utilizing previous experience in service delivery management of operations support for hosted applications
- Lead Transition proposal efforts to respond to Transition and other impacted areas for responses to customer request for proposals
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Top Secret (TS) clearance or US citizen with the ability to obtain the clearance
- Masters degree in business, information technology 18 or more years of program management experience.
- Candidate must be analytical and effectively able to prioritize needs, requirements and other issues.
- Prospective candidates should have strong risk management skills, excellent communication, team work, leadership, and conflict management skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Jul 6, 2018, 11:47:01 AM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Potential for Teleworking:
Yes, 50% of the time
United States-NC-CHARLOTTE, United States-IL-FLEXWORK, United States-FL-FLEXWORK, United States-WA-SEATTLE, United States-IL-CHICAGO, United States-AZ-FLEXWORK, United States-VA-FLEXWORK, United States-PA-FLEXWORK, United States-TX-DALLAS-FORT WORTH, United States-WA-FLEXWORK, United States-DC-FLEXWORK, United States-AZ-PHOENIX, United States-SC-FLEXWORK, United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE, United States-FL-ORLANDO, United States-VA-RESTON, United States-NY-FLEXWORK, United States-CA-FLEXWORK, United States-GA-FLEXWORK, United States-NJ-FLEXWORK, United States-FL-TAMPA, United States-CO-FLEXWORK, United States-AL-FLEXWORK, United States-MD-FLEXWORK, United States-GA-ATLANTA, United States-CT-FLEXWORK, United States-MA-FLEXWORK, United States-NC-FLEXWORK, United States-CA-SAN FRANCISCO, United States-SC-CHARLESTON, United States-MD-BALTIMORE