The Suquamish Tribe is seeking a One-on-One Aide in our Marion Forsman-Boushie Early Learning Center. The One on One Aide will assist the child in daily routines and to facilitate the child’s engagement in classroom activities. Be a flexible and cooperative team member with all Early Learning Center staff and consultants.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist child with physical needs such as: feeding, diapering, and lifting in and out of car seat, stroller, and/or wheelchair.
- Accompany child to and from Early Learning Center on the school bus.
- Assist child in engaging with other children and daily activities to support positive interactions with peers and adults.
- As a member of the teaching team, attend meetings with family members, Special Services team, and content area coordinators, to assist with the implementation of child’s program and Individual Family Services Program (IFSP)/Individual Education Program (IEP) goals and objectives.
- Attend trainings, workshops and college classes as assigned.
- In collaboration with the Lead Teacher, Family & Community Partnership Specialist and Special Services team members to develop and follow a daily schedule to enhance the development of meeting the (IFSP/IEP) goals.
- Assist in preparation of educational materials, completing lesson plans and Individual Learning Plan (ILP) goals.
- On a daily basis, observation notes will be documented to support the success of meeting the IFSP/IEP goals.
- Maintain consistent and concise communication with the family to build a strong connection between the classroom activities and home activities.
- Act as a teacher aide in the classroom to cover staff absences or breaks.
- Other duties as assigned by the ELC Education Coordinator.
Education and or Experience:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Attend college classes to achieve Child Development Associate (CDA).
- Experience working with children with special needs preferred.
- Ability to flex hours as needed and must be adaptable to change.
- Strong organization and planning abilities.
- TB skin test within 30 days of employment, every two years thereafter.
- CPR/First Aid Training.
- Initial physical exam within three months of employment, every two years thereafter.
- Good personal hygiene and grooming.
State/Federal/Tribal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E. plus benefits. To apply: Please download and complete a hardcopy application from our website atwww.suquamish.nsn.us. The online application on our website is an option and you can attach your resume and application directly to the application. If you experience any problems with the online application, the hardcopy version will suffice. If you would like a copy of the job description please call (360) 394-8414.*CLOSES AUGUST 20, 2018
Job Type: Full-time
- working with children with special needs preferred: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Attend college classes to achieve Child Development Assoc (Required)