The People Resource Coordinator is a team role that has a degree of cross-knowledge and information and task sharing among the People Group, and can provide customer service and support to all employees with human resource, safety and benefits related matters or questions.
- Manages the full life-cycle of recruitment activities for open positions and recruitment sourcing.
- Partner with departmental managers to define current needs and qualifications with recruiting efforts.
- Develops targeted, creative strategies for each open job requisition to identify applicants from various sources including internal postings, online job boards, social media, job fairs and college recruiting activities, and organizational web page announcements.
- Network through industry contacts to build and strengthen relationships to enhance the pool of qualified candidates and build employment brand awareness.
- Collaborate with outside contracting and placement agencies for temporary or direct placement staffing; evaluate cost / benefit; negotiate favorable rates and terms.
- Reviews, screens, and interviews applicants. Refers qualified candidates for additional interviews with Hiring Managers.
- Maintains applicant tracking and requisition reports to manage candidates and job requisitions.
- Extends verbal and written offer letters to selected hires; provides information to potential applicants about the company, culture, compensation and benefits, and job opportunities.
- Welcome and prepare new employees with indoctrination briefings; record and compile employee personnel data; conduct orientation training.
- Processes new hire paperwork including background checks and reference checks.
- Perform compensation research analysis to ensure market competitiveness.
- Participate in strategic workforce planning and continuous improvement of the recruiting process.
- Manage, track, and coordinate employee relocations.
- Ensure workforce compliance including labor laws, immigration laws, and FAA/DOT drug abatement programs.
- Maintain the organizational structure by creating / updating organizational charts and developing employee job descriptions.
- Promote and enforce adherence with Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred; high school diploma required.
- Three to Five years’ of related work experience.
- Previous experience using automated Human Resources information systems preferred.
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software and other company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times, while setting a positive example for all employees.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, when needed.
- Occasional travel may be required; the employee filling this position must be willing to travel on short notice and possibly for extended periods.
- Frequent local travel to job fairs and community hiring events.