Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Project Manager opportunitiesfor our customer in Carlsbad, NM for the WIPP Facility.
Position Title: Project Managers
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working under the supervision of a senior PM or Manager, Capital & Infrastructure Projects, demonstrate and provide project leadership in their area of responsibility.
- Using site and customer approved project management processes (e.g. DOE O 413.3B), establish a project baseline, execute in alignment with that baseline, monitor performance, anticipate issues and initiate corrective action, and deliver project in alignment with customer expectations.
- Identify project risks and opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to eliminate/mitigate risks or exploit opportunities.
- Support the maintenance of an accurate and up to date Risk Register.
- Ensures development and adherence to the project Work Breakdown Structure, Asset Management, and Workflow Management elements.
- Expand the Project Execution Plan for subsequent phases (Project Initiation, Project Execution, Construction, etc.) and communicates and coordinates the implementation of the enhancements with the project team.
- Establish, track, and report status against key performance indicators or contractual metrics/milestones on a routine basis.
- Participate in the establishment of project organizational structure in support of proposal efforts.
- Demonstrates command of the schedule goals, key milestones, and approach to the work embodied in the schedule.
- Ensures that a firm scope-based schedule baseline is established and properly resourced.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the schedule tools, procedures, and work process. Manages performance and progress against the plan and ensures accurate forecasts with commensurate action plans.
- Reviews, reports and manages key performance measures defined within the contract. Implements corrective measures when measures are outside service levels or bandwidths.
- Consistently meets or improves upon the established schedule goals in their area of responsibility.
- Supports or conducts formal presentations to clients and/or management.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders to represent the project and enable successful delivery * Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction, Project, Facility Management or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of Project Management experience in medium and large scale DOE General Plant Projects (GPP), or Capital funded projects.
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge shall include an understanding of Project Management principles, theories, and concepts. Using site and customer approved project management processes (e.g. DOE O 413.3B), establish a project baseline, execute in alignment with that baseline, monitor performance, anticipate issues and initiate corrective action, and deliver project in alignment with customer expectations.
- Proficient in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how they are calculated.
- Knowledge of terms including but not limited to CV, CPI, SV, SPI, BAC, EAC and VAC.
- Understanding of Primavera P6 including familiarity of schedule logic, predecessor and successor logic links, and critical path analysis.
- Experience with analyzing monthly variances along with mitigation strategies for these variances.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications.
- Organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Sound communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
- Able to work well in the field and take ownership of assigned projects.
- Able to work with groups to provide overlapping support to other projects while possibly working on several assigned tasks.
- Able to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel both verbally as well as in writing.
- Able to expand skill set beyond own discipline to include understanding of all aspects of Project Management.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50.00 - $115.00 per hour
- Department of Energy (DOE): 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off