If you have a desire to grow with a dynamic company, make a major difference within the organization and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment, then this opportunity with Living Greens Farm may be for you.
Living Greens Farm is emerging as an industry leader of the fast-developing indoor aeroponic farming market. We have an immediate opening for Staff Accountant who will be based at our Faribault, Minnesota location. To learn more about Living Greens Farm, please visit our website at www.livinggreensfarm.com
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, self-starting Staff Accountant that will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, payroll journal entry and general accounting.
Your financial acumen, attention to detail, and strong work ethic will help to maximize the accuracy of our FP&A and the timely closing of our monthly financials.
- Responsible for entering approved purchase orders.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval, three-way matching, general ledger coding, and entering into our accounting system.
- Responsible for maintaining our vendor list. Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Prepares weekly check run while prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Prepares invoices for customers and prepares summary of orders or pick tickets to the growers.
- Records payments and posting of receipts. Researches any variances or discrepancies.
- Recording inventory usage each month and preparing inventory reporting.
- Recording payroll journal entry into accounting system.
- Responsible for assisting in month end duties such as accrual entries as needed.
- Prepares various reports to summary financial data on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assisting in reconciling general ledger accounts. Researching discrepancies and make recommend corrective action.
- Assisting in the improvement of accounting policy and practices.
- Passionate ambition and drive, with a “do what it takes” attitude
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Strong Excel and systems skills
- Excellent financial acumen
- Very good communication skills with the ability to work well with others
- Minimally a college degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimally 4 years of Staff Accounting experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Expense reports
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply