What You'll Do
The Personal Banker II role's primary function is to accurately process the branch's transactions including but not limited to: check cashing, deposits, consigned items, savings bonds, loan payments, opening and servicing accounts, and account maintenance (same as the PB I transactions plus more complex actions, such as: safe deposit activity, online transfers, advanced products, wire approval limits, fraud and forgery situations, advanced GL tickets ) while providing the unparalleled customer experience in all customer interactions to include a high standard of efficiency, accuracy, service, and consistency. The PB II will also act as a leader in the branch as it relates to change management and advocating for the Consumer Services Strategy. The PB II may serve as lead during the Service Branch Manager's absence or as directed.
The Personal Banker II will perform advanced branch activities in the areas of: compliance, audit, operations and security and is expected to follow all bank policies and procedures. This includes responsibility for security manuals, dual control logs, wire transfer review, signage, branch audits and document retention.
The role will promote bank products and services by proactively referring to internal partners to include Small Business Officers, Mortgage Officers, Private Wealth Management, and Commercial partners to increase branch customer satisfaction and branch results.
Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years previous customer service, cash handling or retail/relevant experience
- (6 months PB I or TS II or equivalent UMB) experience for internal UMB associates and successful completion of PB II certification)
In this Role, You will Need
- Knowledge of banking products, systems, policies/procedures and regulations
- Proficient math and accounting, and debits and credits skills
- Strong verbal & written communications skills
- Ability to operate general office equipment
- Skills in building collaborative relationships across departments and teams
- Proven customer experience skills dealing with the public and building relationship with clients to convey information that influences and calls for action
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Proven consumer and solutions based sales skills
- Demonstrates good work habits, attendance and follows policies and procedures
Address2777 East Camelback Rd
We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you'll get:
Unique Benefit Programs :
We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
We provide our associates with the tools they need to support their career goals - including training, tuition reimbursement and career guidance.
Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
Culture of Diversity and Inclusion:
We are committed to building a strong UMB by hiring talented, high-performing associates with diverse backgrounds. Maybe you simply want to work at a company where you have a voice and an opportunity to share your unique ideas.
Please visit us at careers.umb.com to view a list of all available opportunities. UMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only. No 3rd parties or agencies, please.