We are seeking to hire a Vice President of Engineering,to join our growing team The Vice President of Engineering will impact the organization by primarily ensuring that the engineering organization is successful at developing and delivering products in accordance with plan and resolves issues and removes barriers that hinder success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Personnel Management– Manages contributing engineering managers, who serve as the direct supervisor of the technical staff.
- Program Management and Engineering Execution– Responsible for ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution using an overall program plan that incorporates all inter-dependencies between functional disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, controls, software), which in turn is a part of a company program plan that incorporates inter-dependencies between departments (e.g. engineering, marketing, business development). Ensure the delivery of quality products in a fast paced environment.
- Technical Leadership– Responsible for co-developing the technical strategy with the CTO, and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
- Strategy Development– Serves as part of the senior staff, working in an interdisciplinary manner with their peers in other departments (e.g. VP Marketing, VP Business Development, VP Manufacturing and Ops) as well as the CEO, CTO, and COO (if present) to develop company strategy and product strategy.
- Manages the annual bottom-up budget for the engineering department; including headcount, consulting spend, prototyping costs, equipment cost, travel and entertainment, professional development, patent costs and more.
- Proven ability and experience to adapt to frequent changes in priorities and requirements, and to deliver quality products with an aggressive schedule in a fast paced environment.
- BS degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related technical discipline; MS degree preferred.
- 10+ years of related telecom experience; including management.
- Excellent recruiter, a great communicator, and a great issue resolver.
- Manages as well up as they do down.
- Strong project and technology management skills.
- Technical by training.
- Advanced people manager skills.
- Advanced skills to build team and knows how to motivate their people.
- Managed 200+ individuals worldwide
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: