MISSION: To inspire health, wellbeing and humanity in our community, through all of life’s stages.
Now in its 25th year, Clínica Tepeyac is a community health center providing integrated physical and behavioral health care to almost 5,000 individuals from across the Denver metro area annually. Clínica Tepeyac has distinguished itself as a dynamic organization dedicated to eliminating health disparities, with a particular strength serving Latino and immigrant communities. Clínica Tepeyac maintains an unwavering commitment to high quality patient care and continual quality improvement, and to treating each patient with the highest level of respect and compassion. Clínica Tepeyac is actively pursuing a strategic vision to more than double patient visit capacity, with the addition of pharmacy and dental services in the next 3-5 years.
To direct and oversee all the Organization’s financial activities to ensure integrity of all financial transactions, build financial sustainability, and safeguard the assets of the Organization. This includes overseeing the finance department, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and medical billing, preparing the financial statements and presenting them to the Board each month, preparing the annual budget and approving procurement requests accordingly, and preparing forecasts for business growth and general economic outlook. The leadership of Tepeyac seeks a candidate who is interested in and able to grow with the organization. Knowledge of FQHC reimbursements is a plus.
A. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable.
o 5-7 years of experience managing the finances of a high growth $2 million to $5 million organization. Nonprofit experience preferred.
o Experience working in the Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or other health provider environment desired.
o Extensive experience leading annual audits, identifying internal control weaknesses and taking corrective action, implementing best practices, and Organizational strategic planning.
o Proficient in the use of accounting software to ensure accurate financial information; preference given for experience with Abila’s MIP system.
o Knowledge collecting supporting data to facilitate the completion of a Cost Report desired.
o Experience creating and presenting financial dashboards for communication to leadership, various committees and Board of Directors.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Prepares and reviews monthly financial reports (i.e. income statements, balance sheets, operating budgets and variances, Board Reports, department and program budgets, fixed assets).
o Oversees all accounting functions and supervises accounting staff on accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and medical billing
o Creates and implements policies and procedures for the finance department in order to streamline workflows, improve efficiencies, and stay in compliance with all federal regulations and GAAP.
o Oversees financial budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management for the Organization as a whole as well as each department individually.
o Drafts grant budgets in conjunction with stakeholders and the Grants and Contracts Manager, reviews grant contracts, and is responsible for ensuring the monthly invoicing and accounting on all grants and government contracts.
o Ensures compliance with all financial HRSA requirements and reports all financial data through the Uniform Guidance System (UDS). Actively monitors changes in reimbursements programs such as Medicaid and Medicare and creates revenue models representative of different payer-mix combinations
- Coordinates the annual audit and tax return preparation including providing requested supporting schedules.
- Works with the CEO and Board regarding the investment of funds to maximize the return on capital.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the vendor contracting and BAA process, including identifying when contracts are needed, creating/reviewing all new and existing contracts, and monitoring contract status.
o Manages and updates all business insurance policies, oversees the Denver Enterprise Zone program certification and execution, and issues 1099 forms annually.
Strategic Growth and Financial Planning
o Studies long-range economic trends and projects company prospects for future growth. Identifies opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new program and revenue areas.
o Works with capital campaign stakeholders to determine requirements for capital, land, buildings, and staffing to enable Tepeyac to triple the number of patient visits per year. This includes long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with Tepeyac’s strategic goals. Helps facilitate the new market tax credit process to attract new capital campaign donors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
o Knowledge of the healthcare business/administrative environment.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Excellent analytical and Organizational skills
o Bilingual (Spanish) ability a plus.
o Must be able to analyze numbers, trends, and data and come to accurate conclusions based on the findings.
o Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
o Must have the ability to effectively work with all Tepeyac leadership, managers and employees in addition to outside vendors.
· Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of the team above their own interest; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; must be able to work well in multidisciplinary team setting.
· Customer Service – Strong customer service skills exhibited in excellent, unbiased and culturally appropriate service to patients and the community; ability to constructively handle difficult situations.
· Cost and Time Consciousness – Must know how to manage time and prioritize activities.
· Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural diversity.
· Ethics and Professionalism – Treats people with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position and is accountable for their own actions.
· Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures established by Tepeyac; visible to staff, offering support and modeling service behaviors.
· Safety, Confidentiality and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly. Maintain a secure and trusting environment as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
· Engagement – Required to attend and participate in two Organizational fundraiser events per year.
Supervision: This position directly supervises the Finance/Accounting Team and the Grants Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- A valid CPA, CMA or other related accounting designation (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off