TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume through the Vermont Law School applicant tracking system: https://vermontlaw.interviewexchange.com/
The IT Helpdesk Technician will work in partnership with assigned constituencies within the law school – i.e. students, faculty, and administration - to increase the institutions’ technology competency and to drive technology-enabled continuous process improvement in both pedagogy and day-to-day operations. The primary focus of IT Helpdesk Technician is to provide both strategic and day-to-day technology support and a high level of customer service to their assigned constituencies as follows:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware;
- Respond to queries either in person, over the phone, through ticket system and email;
- Walk customer through problem-solving process;
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software;
- Install computer peripherals for users;
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved;
- Assist with support of AV technology in all aspects as required;
- Assist IT Operations with projects as assigned;
- Ensure, to the highest professional standards and according to applicable laws, the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all data and technology owned and managed by Vermont Law School.
The duties and responsibilities defined above are a guide to the level and range of responsibilities the incumbent will be expected to undertake initially. However, it is essential that the incumbent be able to respond flexibly and positively to changes in the requirements of the position as the position’s specific responsibilities may be altered from time to time to meet changing institutional requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate for the IT Helpdesk Technician position will have, through a combination of formal education and demonstrable experience:
- At least 1 year of previous experience as a technology business partner, or similar role in a helpdesk position.
- Experience supporting Windows environments, Windows OS, network protocols and equipment, Mac OS, AV Equipment, Android and iOS.
- Competency in core Microsoft applications; working knowledge of the mission-critical applications used in post-graduate educational institutions in general and law schools in particular.
- Customer service orientation.
- Time management skills; ability to manage multiple simultaneous demands in fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills; ability to communicate across groups using clear, concise, fluent, and jargon-free language, both written and verbal with an exceptionally diverse community of students, faculty and administration at all levels.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume throughthe Vermont Law School applicant tracking system: https://vermontlaw.interviewexchange.com/
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Information Technology: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts