We are looking for a self-motivated professional who is well organized and has a strong work ethic. Great communication skills, customer service skills and the ability to effectively work in a team environment are key to being successful in this position. Accuracy and follow-through are essential.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General duties related to the month close process including some basic account reconciliations.
Have a general working knowledge of the accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger accounting processes and perform some basic account research.
Process daily cash activity reports for management.
Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in compiling reports and other account reconciliations.
- Contribute to the development and review of annual operating budgets.
- Responding to information requests and assisting with required management reporting.
- Assist in meeting processing and compliance deadlines.
- Train and serve as a backup for other miscellaneous accounting roles.
- Assist the controller as needed.
Additional skills needed:
Strong general accounting and analytical skills.
Ability to work independently, resolve problems and multi-task.
Competency with MS Excel, and other common business applications.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) with some exposure to accounting, finance or other business discipline.
2-4 years of experience in accounting or finance roles.
- Public accounting experience a plus.