This full-time position will be responsible for providing accurate and timely financial information for all GateHouse Media Financial Services Center (based in Lakeland, Florida) external and internal customers in a courteous and professional manner; ensuring optimal collection results and positive client relationships.
- Timely communication with all internal account executives and external customers effectively providing the necessary information needed to secure prompt payment from customers and resolving all relevant inquiries related to customer accounts; including, but not limited to, all charges, payments, contracts, adjustments, etc.
- Prepare necessary electronic advertising account reconciliations to resolve disputed balances, past due amounts, or any other outstanding balances, effectively supporting the collection effort.
- Reviews monthly advertising ageing(s) for identification and resolution of disputed balances ensuring prompt payment or adjustments, unapplied payments, deposits, and any other credit balances, ensuring timely payment, adjustment, application, transfer or refund, and small residual debit balances for adjustment.
- Manage the daily credit queue review process according to established deadlines and ensuring adherence to established credit policies.
- Monitors Cash with Copy accounts communicating with local unit advertising management.
- Maintains and updates customer account notes appropriately.
- High School degree required, College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two years accounting-related experience and one year customer service experience.
- Media experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 2 years
- customer service: 1 year
- High school or equivalent