This position will provide financial and operational leadership for the district, and is designed to give the District Manager the support necessary to engage more effectively with customers, associates, and planning. The District Financial Manager is responsible for overseeing district processes and is tasked with recapturing profit within these processes. This customer facing position will understand location-specific goals and objectives, and will work with locations and customers to meet those objectives.
Partner with Customers / Support Sales
- Assigned to specific key district accounts as a liaison with other essential contacts. Establish relationships by employing district specific customer initiatives for highlighting delivery of services, e.g., improve billing experience.
- Has lead role for critical customers at new, add, replace points.
- Develop intra-district infrastructure for managing and executing non-standard deals to ensure accurate initial and future (step rate, etc.) maintenance exception billing, etc.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and otherwise preparing Business Plan by leading the district staff to complete the sales plan, vehicle inputs, payrolls, draft presentation slides etc. as outlined by the District Manager.
- Responsible for training and mentoring associates new to the plan and planning process.
- Push vehicle contribution, P&L, and process analysis and reporting to the DM.
- Customer facing financial operations processes: billing, collections, receivables
- Collection activities include Manage customer accounts and various account issues by reviewing receivables for past due accounts, sending demand letters or calling customer to resolve, follow through on accounts sent to collection through supplying invoices to attorneys, search for customers through various sources.
- Initiates corporate process offerings for improving customer experience and execution – central PM scheduling, digital vehicle files, preferred parts, etc.
- AFM heavy dotted line to drive process rollouts, Corporate initiatives area initiatives, and process uniformity and consistency.
- Inventory responsibility: Review and investigate inventory balances using general ledger and inventory graphs, and take physical counts.
Associate Development Support
- Responsible for primarily for admin team growth and development.
- Support development of those with aspirations and capabilities for other positions. Define career path at district or involve HR for positions outside of district.
- Cultivate skills and capabilities of those who are satisfied with current position.
- Mentoring – formal mentoring of associates as assigned by DM.
- Ensure clerical duties of team are accomplished.
- Support company initiatives as assigned, such as: Service Admin Strategic Initiative (SASI), Technician Certification Program (TCP), etc.
- Spend extended time at each of the locations in the district working with Service, Admin, and Rental (Receivables, credit assessment, e.g., risk vs. reward, rates, billing, fuel, tax compliance, accident reporting, physical inventory).
- Develop and sustain an in-depth knowledge of each operation and customer base.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by manager.
- 3 years of experience with billing, collections, receivables, or other finance related functions required
- 3 years of supervisory experience highly preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree (Finance or Business concentration) preferred
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Profit and Loss (P&L) reporting experience highly preferred
- AS400 experience preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and
warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.