This role is with Figma. Figma uses RippleMatch to find top talent.
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
More than anything, we seek engineers with strong coding fundamentals and a track record of high quality engineering. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
In 30 days, you will…
- Be paired with an onboarding buddy on your team who will help you ramp in our codebase and get to know Figma. You'll move from starter tasks meant to familiarize you with our workflows, to joining your teammates on larger projects.
- Understand how we operate as a business through our comprehensive onboarding program, Figma Today.
- Get to know your Figmates across the company!
In 60 days, you will…
- Work closely with teammates and partners in Product, Design, Marketing, User Research, and Data Science to build new features and achieve roadmap goals. We prioritize collaboration and cross-functional partnerships, so you won't operate in silos.
- Craft performance objectives with your manager that align to company priorities and career development opportunities
- Help grow Figma by interviewing candidates for teams across the Engineering organization
- Solid technical knowledge of CS fundamentals and data structures
- Ability to communicate technical problems and solutions
- A growth mindset with an eagerness to learn and contribute not only to your engineering team, but the entire organization
- An inclusive and collaborative attitude towards building features and solving problems
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Inside Figma: my time as a new grad
- Inside Figma: a Q&A with our 2021 interns and new grads
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma's San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma's compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Annual Base Salary Range (SF/NY Hub):
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.