This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and have an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
- Bachelors degree in Systems, Electrical, or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience with successfully delivering embedded solutions in a multi-discipline and distributed responsibility environment
- 2+ years of experience with at least one system programming language such as C, C++, or Rust
- 2+ years of experience working with embedded systems
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
In AWS Region Services, we build the software, systems, services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon teams across the world to do their work on a daily basis. We’re looking for a Systems Development Engineer that is ready to join us and help innovate on behalf of our customers.
In this role, you will participate directly in the AWS technology ecosystem. You will be join a group of technology leaders that are determined to delight our customers. You will own the architecture for a new generation of custom security solutions. You will work with technology experts from across the company. If you are ready for an opportunity like this, we would love to hear from you.
Builders at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun.
- Masters degree in Systems, Electrical, or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of professional best software and hardware engineering practices for the full product development life cycle, including build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong knowledge of networking, security, and cryptographic algorithms and protocols
- Strong knowledge of government security implementation assurance standards, evaluation methodologies, and approval processes
- Proficient in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software and hardware engineers
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Have Questions, want to Apply or have someone to Refer? Contact Kevin Healy directly: email@example.com
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.