When was the last time you had FUN at work? Because now is the time to join Frontline's Commercial Underwriting team. We take pride in what we do, and we have FUN. Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to see what Frontline Insurance is all about and how you can enjoy coming to work. Hope you like the color GREEN!
Frontline Insurance provides reliable and exceptional service to coastal homeowners in the Southeast United States, particularly Florida, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. For more than a decade, throughout active and slow hurricane seasons, we’ve stood strong to protect our clients and their homes.
Comprehensive benefits package includes options for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long term/short term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
We are a Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
Salary is negotiable, based on experience.
Provide support and assistance to complete the risk underwriting process in accordance with established workflows, procedures and company protocol. Primary duties will include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze individual commercial coastal property risks to determine acceptability, pricing, coverage’s, terms and conditions within company guidelines.
- Analyze loss control reports, loss experience and other supporting underwriting information for informed individual risk decision making.
- Maintain and develop relationships with appointed Frontline Agents.
- Achieve loss ratio objectives.
- Work with internal department staff for processing, research, and development of underwriting guidelines, pricing and products.
- Work with other internal departments personnel as needed.
- Work with marketing/sales department to help develop production and marketing goals.
- Review and analyze underwriting production reports, loss reports, and business metrics.
- Travel as needed to visit agents and attend company functions.
- Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with individual risk selection and pricing
- Experience in portfolio management.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of PC and Microsoft applications.
- Proficient user of MS Excel
- Professional business acumen required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5 years in commercial lines underwriting with emphasis on unique commercial property risks
- Prior Commercial lines experience
- Bachelor’s degree and ASLI/CPCU preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
4-40 Customer Service Representative License (or) 2-20 Property & Casualty License or Excess and Surplus Lines License
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to professionally execute excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Frontline Homeowners Insurance reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lake Mary, FL 32746: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Commercial Property: 3 years (Preferred)
- Commercial Underwriting: 3 years (Preferred)
- 4-40 Customer Service Representative License (Preferred)
- 2-20 Property & Casualty License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location