** Requires An ACTIVE SECRET Clearance **
The Ventura Group (TVG) is seeking a Mid/Sr- level Application Developer to design, develop and install software solutions, including making updates to existing web applications. Application Developer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various languages. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) and AGILE from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
· As part of the US State Department’s Foreign Service Institute IT Business Automation Team (FSI BAT), designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
· Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
· Ensures compliance with Department of State’s IT security standards.
· Researches, tests, builds, and integrates enhancements or new products based on client requirements.
· Coordinates conversion and/or integration projects.
· Designs and develops new major software products or major enhancements to existing software.
· Prepares and provides software-related documentation.
· Provides status reports for ongoing work.
· Coordinates and addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
· Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
· Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
· Acts as team leader on projects.
· Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
· Facilitates change control, problem management, and communication among programmers and analysts.
· Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
· A minimum of six years of experience in software development is desired, but not mandatory.
Position Specific Requirements
· 5+ years App Dev experience. Mid/Senior web app developer with hands on experience on Microsoft development stacks.
· Experience with ASP.NET Web Form and ASP.NET MVC (5 years desired)
· Proficient with coding in C# and ASP.NET Razor Syntax (5 years desired)
· Familiar with Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Design Patterns and layered architectural design
· Microsoft .net Framework hands on experience (5 years desired)
· Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL (5 years desired)
· Experience with Microsoft ADO .Net, Entity Framework and LINQ
· Experience with 3rd party .net components such as Telerik or DevExpress
The Ventura Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race,color, religion, national origin or sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information,age, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Arlington, VA 22209 (Required)
- web app (Microsoft stacks) dev: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft .net Framework: 5 years (Required)
- AGILE SDLC: 1 year (Required)
- ASP.NET and C#: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft SQL Server and T-: 5 years (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19