McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation’s top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Analyst Manager at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged to lead three types of work – Innovation, Business Intelligence and Data Management:
- Lead and drive exploration and analysis of data across a variety of data platforms (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop) to discover insights, influence and drive strategic direction
- Leverage versatile technical capabilities and team leadership skills to drive the development and implementation of data products/capabilities that enable self-service by data consumers
- Quickly grasp new technologies and influence others to adopt and implement them in their respective data product initiatives
- Participate in the development of policies, guidelines, and quality control procedures for the reporting and dissemination of the organization’s performance related data
- Oversee the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence framework that enables fact-based decision making, analysis, and insight generation.
- Serve as liaison between business domains, technology partners, data analysts, and end users to drive implementation, adoption, training, and maintenance of business intelligence data and tools
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Define and execute processes to monitor data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and privacy, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data quality
- Work collaboratively to ensure data stores and applications adhere to defined data management and data access practices, policies, and procedures
- Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments/PIG,HIVE, Impala)
- Experience leading projects to deliver complex data management solutions; working with internal and external partners
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of experience leading direct or matrixed data teams
- At least 4 years of experience leading, architecting and delivering critical data and business intelligence initiatives
- Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- 5+ years of experience managing or developing enterprise data management, data governance or data quality programs
- 5+ years of experience leading teams of Data Analysts/Data Scientists, Data Stewards, Data Engineers or other data management teams
- 3+ years of experience working with recognized industry data management patterns, methodologies, and techniques (i.e. ISO, DMBOK)
- 3+ years of experience exploring and delivering data management capabilities with emerging technologies such as the Hadoop stack or via Cloud architectures
- 1+ years of experience working with internal and external auditors and Federal regulators
- 5+ years of experience in process management (Six Sigma, LEAN) and improvement methodologies or 3+ years of experience in Agile practices