The Managing Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for leading a diverse team focused on equipment and consumables growth within U.S. and Asia. Overall responsibility for revenue, margin and operating profit for the Thin Film Equipment Division, which serves multiple market segments (HDD, Solar, Consumer Electronics, Advanced Packaging and new growth opportunities in markets).
An integral part of this role is the Managing Director of Sale’s ability to balance strategy and tactics and, to foster creativity and innovation directed towards growing market share, revenue and profitability year over year.
- Support of annual growth targets to achieve corporate profitability and revenue goals
- Provides direction, leadership and coaching for all Direct Reports, build and lead an international Sales team, and functional capability by deployment of standard work processes
- Support and drive sales process improvement towards operational excellence
- Create and lead strategic growth initiatives in line with corporate mission and vision
- Collaborate with cross department business partners in deployment of joint strategic initiatives
- Promote commercial excellence in field by traveling with the team, visiting customers, key vendors and attending technical conferences
- Build, lead and strengthen our customer relationship at all levels in our served markets
- Consistently monitor leading performance metrics and champions changes for success
- Lead in building a funnel of market intelligence using tools such as business intelligence, market analysis data that can be utilized in strategy development, deployment of tactical plans and building organization/ team capability
- Take personal responsibility for own performance and professional development
- Champion engagement to build organizational and people capabilities; develop future leaders, builds the bench with diverse talent; imports and exports talent
- Role model for Intevac values including our Diversity and Inclusion focus
- 15+ years of experience in managing global sales team or sales people leaders with ownership of revenue/profit delivery
- Ideally 10+ years of management selling into the Capital Equipment industry.
- 7+ years of experience with international selling to customers in Asia
- Experience with Microsoft applications, CRM Database
- Bachelor Degree or higher
- Must be willing to travel 50% and up to 75% under certain circumstances
Job Type: Full-time
- management selling into the Capital Equipment industry: 10 years (Required)
- international selling to customers in Asia: 7 years (Required)
- managing global sales team: 10 years (Required)